• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people with puppies and bunnies!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hiya

As some of you will know, about four weeks ago i got Chester, a pug puppy. He has seen all the buns and we have given him time around them on his lead. He just wants to chase and play with them which is obviously not what they want :lol:

Will he grow out of this? Is it just pary of the puppy phase? I don't want to have to keep them separate all of the time, it would be nice for them to share downstairs space in tnhe evening at some point(under supervision of course)

Anyone any advice??

Lisa

I have a 9 year old staffy cross, she likes to run after the buns in the house when they binky for some reason!
It's probably a puppy thing and i would supervise them and let him get used to the buns, they will probably become friends in time!:love:

i have a 7 month old staffy x and he chases my 2 house buns sometimes but really not much
all of them are now un supervised at all times!!!:D

Dunno haven't got any advice sorry but my dog can't be around them because she used to hunt rabbits when she was a wild dog :shock: once when Joey was in his playpen she was looking at him really weird and crouching a bit like a cat and started to growl I was freaked right out!

Ollie was like this as a puppy. He's nearly a year old now, and is finally showing less interest in them. Sometimes he can still get a bit excited when they binky, but most of the time, he just sniffs them or lies next to them and is fairly calm around them. So yes, most definitely a puppy thing that he should grow out of if he is around them a lot (on lead or them in pen).

Back