• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fantastic quality hay

winniebarney

Warren Scout
i have found a supplier of hay who uses pure imported canadian hay
the bales are 48kg in size and cost including delivery via dhl is 48 quid
works out dearer than normal farm hay but to get timothy hay at this price is silly
my rabbits wont eat anything else now
if you would like more details please pm me
:D

sarah

Possibly a silly question but just how big is a 48kg bale of hay...? :shock:

(i'm contemplating how much room I have in the shed/garage etc XDDD)

Possibly a silly question but just how big is a 48kg bale of hay...? :shock:

(i'm contemplating how much room I have in the shed/garage etc XDDD)

i wont be 100% sure till wednesday but do know the bales are round ones and are twice the weight of english bales

£48???? Thats an awful lot of money to spend on hay! I brought a bay or normal meadow hay a month ago for £5 and my pair are still getting through it!

£48???? Thats an awful lot of money to spend on hay! I brought a bay or normal meadow hay a month ago for £5 and my pair are still getting through it!

may sound allot but if you want timothy hay its at least a fiver per kg in that dreaded place called pets@home and the quality is totally c***
i would rather pay this than have dental buns which would cost an awful lot more!!

I'm very lucky as I have a farm near me that sells bales of Timothy and Rye for £4.00 a bale and it's the reason why my buns are all hay monsters.

It's not the same to look at as the bagged Oxbow type of bluey/green coloured hay but it seems to go down just as well.:D

Not sure I could justify spending £48 on a bale when a bale only lasts about 4-5days.:lol::lol:

may sound allot but if you want timothy hay its at least a fiver per kg in that dreaded place called pets@home and the quality is totally c***
i would rather pay this than have dental buns which would cost an awful lot more!!

I dont usually buy timothy hay, there is no point if bunnies will eat normal hay.

I never realised it was that expensive!

Can you let me know what you think of the quality when it arrives? I've ordered North American Timothy in the past and haven't been impressed because it seemed old and musty, but I'd definitely be interested if this is good stuff!

We pay about £1 per kg for not so good hay right now so sounds a fab offer! Does it come in smaller sizes? 48kg is too much for our four buns right now hehe

Hi there,

I am interested however 48kg is far too big for me to have!! As I won't have any room for it to go!
Also I've only got a single rabbit and 2 guinea-pigs!:D

Is it possible if they could provide sample packs?

Could you please post the link? I have just ordered some timothy hay from the hay experts. It is £60 for 23kg.

Is Timothy Hay better for them than cheaper hay?

Sounds like a stupid question (becasue it is a stupid question) but I prefer the timothy hay as I find it less messy. I think it looks tastier myself :p

Back