• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will my buns still love me once they're bonded?

Are snuggle buns still snuggly after bonding?

• Yes - my buns still love cuddles just as much as they did before bonding

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Kind of - they still like cuddles but not as much

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No - now they've got each other they're not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Question's in the title! It's just that both my buns are snuggle buns and I'm really worried they won't be anymore once they've got each other.

So people who've got/had snuggle buns - are/were they still snuggle buns once they were bonded??

i put yes... if they are snuggly before they will be snuggly after.. Pearl will spend a good half hour getting fuss before wondering what Alvin is up to..

Alvin was always anti human and he actually allows a small amount of fuss now if hes sat by pearl he can pretend its not my hands fussing him :roll:

so i have fussier buns some how :shock: i guess im one of them :lol:

I put "kind of", but I wouldn't be discouraged from my vote. I used to sit and have long pettings with Eddison. Now that he has a friend, he doesn't seem to tolerate it as long, and goes off to find his friend. Or sometimes, Milo will see me petting Eddison, and he'll run over and start grooming him, so I let the two of them snuggle. :love: It really is adorable, although I do feel a little less close to Eddison.

But they both still love pets for me, and nothing is better than petting two bunnies at the same time. The first time it happened, I shouted over to the OH, "I'M IN HEAVEN!!" and he just looked over and rolled his eyes. :lol:

Also, another flip side is that Eddison used to be very anti-social. He's very distrustful of people, so he tends to keep to himself in the bathroom (he's free range). But Milo absolutely loves hanging out with me, so Eddison will come over to check people out more, just because Milo is doing it. They definitely go on mischief adventures together too!

So don't worry about losing some cuddle time. The other benefits outweigh it ten fold. :)

I would say yes :D My baby boy, Ronnie was bonded last week with his girlfriend Lola, she wasnt cuddly at all before (well she was but i pushed her away i guess :? ) and now they both come running over when they see me :love: I sit in the shed with them daily and they fight over whos going to be sitting on my lap for kisses and cuddles :lol:

My other pair are more independent, and do what they want, they will come to be fussed but not picked up :) Lottie was always like this, but george was a cuddly bun before. I guess hes copying Lotties behaviour now.

:love: xXx

I voted kind of

I used to have mega long snuggle sessions with olly, he'd sit for ages being stroked but he seems to have a shorter attention span. Like sidereus says, they want to go off to find their friend.

Back