• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how far would you go for a bunny?

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
how far would you go for a bunny?
ive been looking for ages for a lop bun wife for whiskey found ther perfect one two hours away....ive only ever driven like 45 mins from home - on one motorway and so dont know what to do - the rescue doesnt allow bunruns?

would you do it?

yes! I travelled a good few hours for my two. If you think you have found the right bun go for it. I saw Hayden and Dudley and immediately thought they are my buns, i know it. Distance couldn't keep me away :love::love::love::love::love:

I travelled an hour n half for both of my bunnies and would have gone futher if I had needed to.

I travelled 150 miles to get a bunny. I don't really go out of my confort zone of about 30 mile radius either, it was a huge adventure for me but I was determined to get her. However i was very lucky that it worked out. It would be possible to get a bunny from such a distance and then they don't bond with your existing bunny. In most cases you will have made a commitment to the rescue that you will give the adopted bunny a companion, so you would have to either do that or return the bunny :?

I'm really glad I went all that way for Tinks but finding a rescue close by and taking your existing bunny for the rescue to find a suitable companion for and do the bonding is the ideal solution.

Yes I would go for it too. Just plan your journey ahead and think about the bun you will be giving a loving home too.

I think if its the right bun for you, then go for it :) If youve drove 45 mins before, then why not stop half way so the journey doesnt seem so long :)

xXx

well im travelling two hours each way tomorrow to collect Lizzie, i travelled the same twice to take Harry to be bonded with Ellie, and i travelled an hour each way to get harry.
Lizzie's husbun to be is in wales and im just seeing how long it would take to collect

i have to say im a very nervous driver and would rarely drive anywhere, but in the last year ive gotten more confident and since getting a sat nav (got one just before doing Harry and Ellie runs) its made it a lot less stressful... its still scary,,, especially not realising that i would be driving through the centre of birmingham (that was certainly brown trousers time!!!!) but i can at least do it now and not get too lost :)

give it a try :wave: :wave:

I would look at it this way: how far would you be prepared to travel for something nice like a holiday?
Then double it because a bun is much nicer than a holiday, and will last alot longer, hopefully! :)

Convice one of your friends to go with you and give you a hand with the driving if you need it. If you like the rabbit go for her!!!

I always end up travelling everywhere for my pets lol...I took my two dogs on a group German Shepherd walk where we travelled 2hours there and 2hours back....and one of my piggies came from an hour and a half away...although im lucky to have a nice rescue just round the corner from me for bunnies

absolutely!!

i travelled two hours each way for my Barnsely bun, bribed a friend to drive (and she suffers from M.E. -bless her cotton socks, love you Jaz) it will be worth it i'm sure!
em xx

I really hate going away from home but i travelled 140 miles to get my beautiful gone to the bridge bun Bugsy

Whereabouts do you live? Maybe someone on here could help?

My soon to be (everything crossed) is down in Essex. Not sure how the run is going to happen yet but am prepared to do a long drive myself if I have to. I'm in Leeds.

I travelled just over an hour for Ozzy (including getting lost, and then on the way home getting on the motorway in the wrong direction :lol: )

I quite like going somewhere new and trusting google maps haha

distance

I have decided to rescue bunnies. And my first 2 where about an hour away, but my last rescue took me 6 Hours!! But he is lovely, and now happy with us.

But i did travel 350 miles to pick my last parrot up, took me just over 8 hours! Nearly killed me lol, but was worth it.:D

Back