• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the incubation time for myxi?

Just checked the BSAVA manual of Rabbit Medicine and it states 8 to 21 days :?

So a lot of conflicting info

Situation normal then !!

Amy, I hope all is OK with your Buns.
You've got me worried now..............:?

I can answer this one Jane (sorry to butt in Amy ;) )

Amy has taken in 4 baby wildies for me today. They haven't even got their eyes open yet. A customer found them and brought them into work today.

Amy has got them well out of the way from her own buns and we went to Sainsburys and got goats milk and yoghurt etc.

Amy is an absolute diamond and I can't thank her enough!!! :) xx

I can answer this one Jane (sorry to butt in Amy ;) )

Amy has taken in 4 baby wildies for me today. They haven't even got their eyes open yet. A customer found them and brought them into work today.

Amy has got them well out of the way from her own buns and we went to Sainsburys and got goats milk and yoghurt etc.

Amy is an absolute diamond and I can't thank her enough!!! :) xx

Thanks Laura :wave:

I hope the wee wildies will make it

Just finished the first feed!

They are so cute, but I'm not getting my hopes up because they are so small...about the size of a dwarf hamster :(

Apparently they were found on the surface, so I'm wondering if they are actually hares :shock: AFAIK rabbits kindle underground and hares on the surface...can anybody confirm whether this is true?

They are so cute, but I'm not getting my hopes up because they are so small...about the size of a dwarf hamster :(

Apparently they were found on the surface, so I'm wondering if they are actually hares :shock: AFAIK rabbits kindle underground and hares on the surface...can anybody confirm whether this is true?

I *think* that Hares are born fully furred and with their eyes open :?
They def dont have burrows

How did they take the milk Amy??? :) x

*taps fingers inpatiently waiting for Laura to upload piccies*...................

:D

Okay...okay ;)

Here's the one of the babies in their bucket....not that clear but you'll get the idea.

WILDIEBUNS004.jpg

Here's a couple of Lucky, a slightly older Wildie also rescued :)

WILDIEBUNS002.jpg

WILDIEBUNS003.jpg

Back