• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emily may be Edmund!

Tilly

New Kit
Hi.

Just joined this sight in a fit of desperation.

We bought Emily from a breeder a few months ago, and the vet has twice checked her saying she was girl - althought pointing out there was still no guarantee.

Emily joined us as a house bunny after our last bun died suddenly of an absess.

Emily's been fine until 2 weeks ago when she started spraying EVERYWHERE. Having consulted books we have gone back to basics, confining her to an indoor cage during the day & night, and just letting her out in the evenings for a good run around - including lots of poo balls and wee's.

I cant see signs of anything 'downthere' but she is very fluffy, and struggles if i go looking (understandabble). She is circling my feet, though not all the time, and she hasnt become agressive in terms of nipping my ankles.

She has however taken to dragging a previously ignored teddy bear all over the floor when she 's out. I'm 80% sure now that Emily is in fact a boy.

Would you agree, or have a missed something else?

Also when the time comes to have her/him neutered, how soon will the problem behaviour stop? She's use to having the run of the downstairs, and we hate having to lock her up.

Thanks in advance:wave:

Hello :wave:

When we first got Lulu, before she was spayed, she would run around us making an "I love you" sound :lol: and she was a girl - before her, I thought only boys did this...... :shock:

I'm not sure about the spraying thing though?

I know there are some threads on here about sexing bunnies though - if you do a search you might find something that will help you :)

Barley sprays, but the vet did say he believed she is a hermaphrodite, because of her reproductive organs being so minute when she was spayed. He did look around and removed everything he could find, but I was warned there could be some glands left that could produce male hormone, so to watch for changes in her behaviour. Basically she is a beautiful monster!:lol: The messiest bunny I've ever owned, still sprays and HATES Maddie. But, she's not settled back with Ed either. She tolerates him, and they sit next to each other, but she gives off very mixed signals, can't say I'm surprised poor Ed doesn't know what to do!:lol:

Back