• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help i need someone to talk to in tears. U/D back from vets.

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
the bonding did not go well. i'm sat here in tears typing this :cry: is there someone i can talk to either over phone or on here.

Last edited:
Oh no, what's happened? :(

I'll happily talk to you hun, but I have no experience of bonding so probably won't be much use.

Oh No - I am so sorry:(:(:(

You can call me, but I probably won't be much help

PM me if you want my number

(It was all so exciting)

Hope Ralph is o.k - poor boy:(

thanks guys, husband on his way home to take us to the vets. petal must have a bad streak in here. if that makes any sense. ralph will have to go back i can't keep 3 seperate rabbits.

Oh I am sorry - hope he's ok.

It doesn't always go to plan does it? We did everything to the letter and our 2 just rolled around fighting like 2 bunnies in a washing machine!

i tried to slap petal away but she wouldn't let go, it was so horrible doing that to her but she was hurting ralph. this is last time ever my grils will just have to live it alone. it may seem selfesh but i can't think of anything else to do and i know ted would not get on with ralph either. aw i'm just a **** bunny mum. :cry:

Good luck at the vets with Ralph, I hope he gets sorted out. Poor lad.

I'm pretty sure you already said no to this on another thread, but just in case, do you have any rescues nearby that could try bonding them for you?

Such a shame when it all goes wrong, hope you're okay.

ETA: You're a great bunny mum! Don't be hard on yourself hun, loads of people find bonding hard/impossible.

Oh Hun - don't make any rash desicions yet!!
See what the vet has to say.

Do you think there is any possibility of bonding with Ted if it really isn't possible with Petal.
Probably a bit soon to think about it.

I know how much you love Ralph and have done so well with him. Maybe something can be worked out.

Call me if you want to talk.

i tried to slap petal away but she wouldn't let go, it was so horrible doing that to her but she was hurting ralph. this is last time ever my grils will just have to live it alone. it may seem selfesh but i can't think of anything else to do and i know ted would not get on with ralph either. aw i'm just a **** bunny mum. :cry:

You're not ****, sometimes bondings just don't work.
When I got my lad (thought he was a girl) I got his sister too...And for no reason they just started fighting. I split them, and then tried to rebond them... But they just went for each other the second they laid eyes on one another. I had to rehome Delilah, broke my heart :(
Not sure if you'd want a rescue to help you bond them? Although I'm not sure bonding is advised after an injury :(

I'm sure even if you decide to keep them both alone, they'll still be happy with how much you love them :)

Sorry got there too late to ask about Ted.

YOu are NOT a **** bunny Mummy

Hugs to you xxx

Good luck at the vets.
I'm sure the vet won't look at you like that.
I had to take one of ours to the vet with a large gash that one of his family members had inflicted on him.
You cant tell the future, you didnt know that Petal would react that way.
I hope little Ralph is all mended in no time.
xxx

I am so sorry to hear that it did not go well. Please don't think you are a rubbish bunny mummy. It is so awful to see rabbits fight. :(

I remember when we bonded Kellogg to Daisy they had the most enormous fight with fur and skin ripped out and Daisy loosing a rabbit bite sized piece out of her back. I had read in the books that if the rabbits begin to fight you should "lightly squirt them with water and they will desist" What a load of rubbish! I threw a whole cup of water over them and it made no difference!! We had to physically separate them.

I really sympathise it has not gone well. I can remember very clearly how upset I was. In the end we persisted with my husband as strict referee and were very vigilant over their bonding sessions. And they did eventually bond really well and were very happy.

I hope Ralph is OK. And hopefully someone with much more bonding experience than me can advise you on what to do next.

Back