• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits that cant have veg

Hi i have a few rabbits that cant have veg are there any other people with rabbits that cant have veg ?

i think most rabbits can have veg to be fair it depends on the reason they cant have it... if its due to causing runny poops then gradually giving the veg such as a tiny 1cm piece each day and then slowly building it up.

if its dental issues(no incisors etc) then u need to chop it quite small i think for them to be able to gum it!!! or puree it maybe?

We have a special needs bun that can't eat veg due to digestive problems coming next week. Haven't met him yet so can't give any advice, but maybe ask again in a few weeks :)

I have a bun who has a complicated diet and most veg I've tried produces excess poops. However, what I have found is that, if I allow her tiny pieces of one sort of veg at a time and counter balance it with something astringent like Blackberry or Raspberry leaves, this helps. It means she can have small amounts and can have what would otherwise be a very limited diet.

I have 2 nethies who cant have greens it causes them to have a rummbling tummy and pain . I have tried with only tiny bits it makes no difference . One of them gets a tiny bit of carrot and seems fine with that but no greens . I have a 9yr old Xbreed who used to be able to have greens but it gives her the runs now

Both my bunnies couldn't eat veg due to stasis issues, then they eventually couldn't even eat pellets. I don't think it's uncommon to have problems with veggies.

Both my bunnies couldn't eat veg due to stasis issues, then they eventually couldn't even eat pellets. I don't think it's uncommon to have problems with veggies.

oh well i guess iv been very lucky then. its obviously more common than i thought :) as long as they get vitamins they will be fine :)

Back