• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad at lonely PAH bunny in Halifax.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Went to PAH yesterday and they were selling a lovely English Spot (fully grown) and OK his run was lovely and he had everything, but he didnt have COMPANY!!!

He was sat beneath a sign saying "Rabbits need friends, please think of getting two" and he was sat on his own looking rather glum.

I hate pet shops, I really do :(

Hi folks.

Went to PAH yesterday and they were selling a lovely English Spot (fully grown) and OK his run was lovely and he had everything, but he didnt have COMPANY!!!

He was sat beneath a sign saying "Rabbits need friends, please think of getting two" and he was sat on his own looking rather glum.

I hate pet shops, I really do :(

But at least they had the sign saying he needed a friend. I know it's sad but it's a step in the right direction.

:( Oh dear, visions of a lonely rabbit patiently waiting for a friend :(

I've never been into a shop selling bunnies before, and very glad I haven't as I'm not sure I'd be able to leave again without taking them all home.

Poor little bunny, let's hope he gets a lovely home soon.

It's the same in some rescues though if you have a male that is too young to be neutered :?

I know, and did have a lovely run.

its me - I am a softie!

Me too. I want to take them all home when I'm in pet shops as you can't control who takes them. I then have to think about all the bunnies I help care for at the shelter and that stops me as they are the ones who should get my help first as pet shops will just replace their bunnies.

It's the same in some rescues though if you have a male that is too young to be neutered :?

True but my Fiver wasn't neutered when he was bonded with my Flo (the shelter I use does that sometimes) as he was too young but Flo was a couple of years older and spayed. Wasn't too long til it happened and they don't seem to be affected at all by it.

I know:shock: I worked at Leeds RSPCA AH before it closed down, it was sad how many buns were in there and it saddened me.

I (stupidly) went into our local branch yesterday.
In the adoption centre was a medium sized Agouti Lop.
They could not tell me his/her gender because 'its to aggressive to touch'.......

He/she had such a filthy, matted bum that he/she could not sit down.
This, I was told, was OK because 'it' was eating and drinking and would be seen by a Vet 'sometime next week'........:cry:

I knew I had to walk away, I cant take in any more Rabbits.
But I feel like :censored:
My own fault, I should never have gone into the store in the first place.

Its pointless thinking things are improving in *most* of the branches. They are not, infact I'd say our one is getting worse and it was already bad to start with

Oh, and while I'm on this rant, the manager was bemoaning the fact that he 'cant get his hands on any young stock as the two suppliers have had a problem and less babies are being born'...................

Read into that what you will..................

* Takes deep breath and tries not to get even more wound up*.................

I (stupidly) went into our local branch yesterday.
In the adoption centre was a medium sized Agouti Lop.
They could not tell me his/her gender because 'its to aggressive to touch'.......

He/she had such a filthy, matted bum that he/she could not sit down.
This, I was told, was OK because 'it' was eating and drinking and would be seen by a Vet 'sometime next week'........:cry:

I knew I had to walk away, I cant take in any more Rabbits.
But I feel like :censored:
My own fault, I should never have gone into the store in the first place.

Its pointless thinking things are improving in *most* of the branches. They are not, infact I'd say our one is getting worse and it was already bad to start with

Oh, and while I'm on this rant, the manager was bemoaning the fact that he 'cant get his hands on any young stock as the two suppliers have had a problem and less babies are being born'...................

Read into that what you will..................

* Takes deep breath and tries not to get even more wound up*.................

That's awful. Don't think I would have had the self control not to say anything. It's rubbish that the staff don'thave the ability to sort out such a minor problem. To be honest our local branches are ok with some staff actually knowing stuff about animals :shock:. The rabbits are kept in ok conditions with hay, water and food but sadly no veg.

It's the rats I feel sorry for, the space 4 are kept in it smaller than the carrier I use for my 2 then they wonder why they fight and some become withdrawn.

I felt like that on my last visit there, but I realise that talking to the staff will have no impact if they have a set way of thinking. Just another mad ranting customer :roll:

Back