• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal safe wood treatment

Oscarsmom

Warren Scout
Hi...im making a run tomorrow (hopefully!!) but need to treat the wood...does anyone know what is suitable and safe?
I was going to get some wood preserve when buying the timber earlier and the girl behind the counter said she wasnt sure that it was animal safe if they chewed it....so wouldnt risk. Does anyone know what is animal safe??

Thanks...

So in that case...question to people who do make their own runs etc - do you always treat the wood..or have you made them without and found they have lasted fine?

i would say treat the wood first, they are exposed to all weathers so it will make it last longer

I treat all my wood with cuprinol garden shades now. You could use some pre-treated stuff, but you don't know if the pre-treated stuff is animal safe or not. untreated wood would just rot in the wet.

Back