• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Acupuncture/Chiropractic

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I was just reading about this in When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care, and I was wondering if anyone here had tried this?

Also, what did you use it for and was it effective?

I have always been skeptical about acupuncture, but now I work in an acupuncture clinic. While a lot of the "healing" I see is mostly a placebo effect, some patients do genuinely get benefits from the process. It's been an interesting experience.

So guys, are you poking bunnies? :lol:

My Vet has given Acupuncture to a Bun I was caring for. The Bun had a degenerative spinal problem and she did benefit from the treatments :)

Rabbit acupuncture/chiropractic

I had acupuncture given to my disabled kitten:Dthe acupucturist Emma was a wonderful lady (a qualified vet) who treated my little girl and did a brilliant job with her:)she totally disagreed with the diagnosis that my then vet had given and thanks to her we now have a new vet who can operate on her to help her Hip Dyspalsia:)
I would reccomend it to anyone:)

My vet was going to give Tegan acupuncture, she has splay leg due to being born without a ball joint in her hip, but once we knew she was leaving we didn't bother. Apparently Tegans muscles are very tense as they are all that are holding her leg in place so acupuncture would have helped the tension and pain :)

Rabbit acupuncture.

I found my Kitty was very relaxed after her treatment:)the first time Hetty was quite upset so i had her lay on my lap with both me and Emma (acupuncturist)crouched on the floor while she treated her:)after that she just laid quietly while the needles were inserted:)she now seems pain free and is much happier:)her HD is improving (both her hip and stifle joints are out of their sockets)but her right leg is much improved and she is putting weight on it now:)

I use a McTimoney chiropractor for myself and for our dogs. I have also taken my French Lop to see my chiropractor as one of her back legs is sticking out a bit. However, this turned out to be an old injury, so nothing could be done about it.

But chiro has been immensly helpful for both our dogs and myself! I would definitely recommend it.

Vera

Back