• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Friends Bunny Problem

SheenaT

New Kit
Hi All,
I was just wondering if any of you could help me with my friend's bun problem: her rabbit has recently gone off her food and drink, and then my friend realised its because she has alot of straw in her mouth that she wont spit out, swallow or digest, also, the little bun seems much more agressive towards all of them now, and if any of the family touch her head, or anywhere remotely near her mouth, she will bite or scratch, something she rarely does, can any on you help solve her problem???

Sheena xxx

Sounds as though she is either pregnant or having a pseudopregnancy

If she is not eating or drinking she needs to be seen by a Vet as a matter of urgency ie TONIGHT

Yes if she has stopped eating and drinking she needs to go to the vet as soon as possible as she could die quite quickly. Unlike cats and dogs, if they stop eating you can usually monitor their health for a couple of days but buns go down hill really quickly.

Please let us know what happens

Rabswood

Hello Everyone,
I just want to say thanks for showing how much you all care, my friend took the lil bun to the vets, and they opened her mouth, and found that she had some sort of strange fur-and-straw ball clogged in the back of her throat, its been taken out and shes all back to normal now, thanks for all your help!!!

Sheena x

Back