• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to prepare a new hutch

confusedman

Mama Doe
If everything goes well tomorrow I should have my brand new hutch delivered by Kernov's. I am really looking forward to it but I dont know how to prepare it before I let the rabbits in. I dont know if is better to protect the wooden floor covering it with carpet, how many litter trays etc
It should be something like that with the top floor for storage.
Kernov.jpg

ANy advice?

Hello :wave:

All our hutches/wendy houses/sheds have lino on the floor...makes it soooooo much easier to clean :)

Looks great, can't wait for pics. x

Carpet is not a good idea, as some bunnies eat it and may end up with a blockage. Definitely use a lot of hay as bedding. With regards to the number of litter trays, it depends on how many bunnies you have/ how often you intend to clean them. Bunnies have no problem sharing litter trays.:oops:

I have to small rabbits and they share the litter tray at the moment so this won't be a problem.
About the lino.... is it the one which sticks or the non sticky one?

I have to small rabbits and they share the litter tray at the moment so this won't be a problem.
About the lino.... is it the one which sticks or the non sticky one?

I have both. If I had to choose which one I prefered I would probably say the non-stick as I find dirt gets into the grooves between each sticky tile (even if you overlap them slightly) so I always feel you can't get it 100% clean.

I will buy a nice lino with flowers on it to create a less stressful environment for the rabbits.... (joking). Do you think I can get it from homebase?

Back