• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minka not good!! Awaiting vets appointment!! :( U/D Quick question

Princess Jess*

Warren Scout
Just came upstairs and could smell a really awful smell coming from the bedroom Minka is in...lifted her out of the cage to check her tummy to ensure that was ok and she is COVERED in diahorrea!! :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: It's EVERYWHERE!!! I've called the vets to see what to do and they have said this is NOT normal and she must be seen. I have to take her in an hour to be seen at the vets :( I'm really worried!!! What can it be???

I'm supposed to be going away this evening for a long weekend :( But I can't go knowing she's like this!!

Last edited:
Oh gosh hope shes ok x
Could she have eaten anything shes not supposed to? Not sure what could be wrong sending vibes x

Oh dear :( When Hazel was indoors during his head tilt treatment the stress caused him to have terrible diahorrea. He was fine after being moved back into his hutch and fed a hay only diet.

Anything causing your bunny stress or diet change?

I hope its nothing serious!! Millions of vibes xx

Not that I can think of...she's had a few extra treats to encourage eatin...but nothing too excessive!! I gave her some apple yesterday, which she's had a few times before!! The only thing that I can think of thats different...is I changed her water last night and used the bathroom tap!! Would that cause it?? Surely the water's the same?!

My Daisy has been quite poorly this week following her spay, including having bad diarrohea yesterday, and one of the main pieces of advice I've been given is to be as calm as possible around her. So, hard as I know it is when you're scared, try and stay strong for Minka. I'm doing my best with my calm bunny mummy persona today, even though I keep freaking out that Daisy is getting worse. I know it's really difficult when they look so ill :(

Good luck at the vets.

I suppose she may be stressed as she's indoors in her cage instead of being in the shed...would that make her stressed??

I hate seeing her like this...it's pants!! :oops: She's also been making some very strange noises when I stroke her...kind of like a grunting/whining noise!!

Set off now, you really need to be early for this appointment, Your rabbit needs agressive fluid therapy at the very least
Goodluck

I am soooooooooo happy :D Minka is MUCH better :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The vet said that it could be post anaesthetic...so I needed to bathe her ASAP incase of flies :( so I brought her home and bathed her with warm water and hibbiscrub!! It was such a challenge and she was drenched because I had to clean sooooo much of her! I then dried her off with warm towels and hair dryer :D she seemed to enjoy this bit!! She was soooooooo clean after that...thank god :D

I also had to give her fibreplex 3 times a day and I had to add Bio-Lapis to her water.

Touch wood-since the incident on friday..everything is ok :) I have to take her back to the vet tomorrow...so hopefully they'll be pleased with how she is now!! Thank you for all the advice and kind words on her xx

Ah, glad she is OK. This happened to Homey after a GA and the vet said it could be that (we had been having problems anyway) and he was fine after a bit of fibreplex to get him back on track.

Back