• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vegetables that can be fed daily?

hannah101

Warren Scout
Hello Everyone! :)

I know there are so many threads about what fruit and veg to feed - I have a list of them but what I want to know is what veg can literally be fed everyday as a staple?

With guinea pigs romaine lettuce is often seen as a good one but I'm sure my rabbit Delphi's stomach doesn't feel quite right if I feed her it. I'm probably just being paranoid!

Would pepper and broccoli be okay fed everyday? I know carrot and fruit is more of a treat because it's sugary.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! I feed unlimited hay (excel dandelion and farm hay) as well as a eggcup of Oxbow Bunny Basics T. Delphi is nearly 2 years old.

Thanks !

Hannah :)

It depends on the individual rabbit...some tolerate veg, but others have a more delicate digestive system. Remember to introduce any new veg gradually.

My Buns all get the same veg every day (and have done for a long time):

Lettuce (romaine, curly or round)
Spring greens or cabbage (savoy, pointed or sweetheart)
carrot
celery

They also get grass, dandelions, sow thistle, etc during the spring/summer months

Back