• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can You Use Vetbed In Outside Hutches

amanda 2807

Warren Scout
:wave:HI

Everyone just wondered if you can use vetbed or carpet in hutches or would they chew it , new to all his so any help will be great ..:)

I use it successfully in my outdoor hutches for winter.

None of mine have every chewed it.

Only prob I have had is my rex (the one I would love to use vetbed for to protect hocks) thinks its her own personal toilet and insists on weeing on it.

Yes I put vet bed in my buns bedding area. I have 5 pairs of buns. Two of the pairs chew holes in it the others do not.

I also have carpet down... again one pair nibbles the edges the others dont.

So I would just try it and see what happens.

Rabswood

I think if a rabbit is going to chew vetbed and carpets and the like, they will do it regardless of whether indoors or out ;)

One of mine chewed/dug a large chunk out of it the first night I put it in the outside hutch, but later I realised that the damage had been done as they were trying to move it out of their bedding box and into the main hutch area, not because of intentionally attacking it.

Godknows why they wanted it in the main area, I though it would have been extra snuggly in the bedding box, but I've kept it in the main area ever since and no more damage has been done to it :wave:

Back