• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skin cancer?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Noonoo was taken to the vets today as this morning i found a lump just under her chin. its hairless, a bit scabby, and red. Vet says its skin cancer and quite deep in, and shes booked in monday to have it removed. He also said to take her out of the group and bring her inside. Should i break the bond or not?
Also has anyones rabbit ever had this before, how much does it cost? Whats the aftercare like, will she need a lot?
Any help appreciated x

I am sorry to hear about your bun :( Is the vet sure it is skin cancer without a biopsy? I have no experience thankfully of this so I am sorry I cannot advice.

If it was my bun and general health seemed OK for example eating, weeing and pooing OK and interacting with the other buns as normal I would keep them together. However after the op she will need cage rest indoors some where quiet. Does she have a special bunny friend in the group one that is quite calm and unlikely to pester her that she could perhaps be paired with while she is recovering?

After the op I would also say bed her indoors on towels with hay in a rack to avoid it getting in her wound and make sure she eats right up to the op and have food in her carrier at the vets so she can eat as soon as she comes round after. Need to have foods to tempt her when she gets home, frash dandelions usually work.

Sending lots of healing vibes and please let us know how she gets on.

Rabswood

Back