• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy and her eating - cause for concern?

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Might be a bit long - sorry!

A couple of months ago Flopsy started being a bit picky with her food and not as interested as she used to be. Sometimes at tea time it would take her a while to start eating. It started around the time we lost Rory so at first it was put down to that.
She never really got better, and carried on being picky and just didn't seem to have a lot of interest in food but she was obviously eating because she was maintaining her weight (and even putting on a bit) so in the end the vets decided she had to have a dental done last week and i noticed her pick up straight away and was more into her food. Her teeth weren't bad but they had some sharpish spurs.

These past 2 days she has been a bit funny again. Tues morning she didn't willingly start eating breakfast so i was handing her food (this sometimes starts her off eating) but she'd take the food off me and throw it down. I asked my mum to keep an eye on her when i went to work, within half an hour Mum was out there feeding her dandelions and she was going mad for them.
Ok i thought, she was just being awkward with me.

Tuesday night dinner time - she was fine.

Wednesday morning - same again. Picking the food i was giving her and throwing it down. Mum goes out to look in on her an hour or so later and once again starts chomping away.

Wednesday dinner - Didn't seem fussed about eating again. Throwing down everything i was offering to her. She did eventually start eating after about 15 mins.

This morning - A bit funny at first but then starts eating fine.

Tonight - Uninterested in the bowl. Throwing down everything i gave her. After a good 15/20 mins of me sitting in the shed she starts eating when i move her bowl to where she decided to sit. When i went out the shed she hopped over to Zeb and started munching next to him.
I'll never shut them in at night without seeing them eat.

I don't know if she is being awkward, if there is a problem or what is going on with her.

I always keep a close eye on her because she has been prone to having a gassy tummy, although this hasn't been the case this week and late last year she had some EC symptoms which cleared after panacur.

I think i'll take her to the vet tomorrow for a check over but does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Yeah, she had a dental last week, seemed to pick up a lot for a week after it now she has gone back almost the same again.

Forgot to mention shes totally lively, not quiet or anything

do you think maybe she dont like being watched as she eats ???

rabbits are so confusing :?

Hmm...never thought about that. She never used to have a problem with me watching. Although i am like a creep stood there staring at them until they eat :lol:

Hmm...never thought about that. She never used to have a problem with me watching. Although i am like a creep stood there staring at them until they eat :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: get a webcam, leave them too it and see how she acts then

:lol::lol::lol: get a webcam, leave them too it and see how she acts then

Good plan, not sure if it'd work from out in the garden.
I think we'll go see Emily the vet tomorrow though, just in case. I swear that poor woman is going to get a restraining order on me soon. I never leave her alone!

Back