• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My usually good buns have turned into JCBs!

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
I have two pairs of buns, who live outside in permanently open hutches enclosed in a run, so they come and go as they please. They have soil on the floor, (they have eaten every blade of grass!)
One of the two pairs have lived happily here for 3 years, and have always been well behaved, but this spring...
They are digging tunnels to Australia!

They have never bothered digging before, so I can't understand why they feel the need this year to dig for England.:roll:

I put it down to spring fever, but it's getting serious now, with great excavations going on. If they carry on like this, I shall have to put paving slabs down. In the meantime, I am trying to get some large plastic pipe to make some runs for them, so they can have tunnels with no digging.

At least it keeps their claws nice and trimmed, but I wish I knew the reason for the change in behaviour.

Got the same problem here! Only they aren't digging out because the run has mesh under it, they are digging in the litter tray and it's going everywhere :roll:

mine too, I have two house rabbits and one keeps digging and chucking his litter all over my lounge, im finding it everywhere! He does this despite me supplying him with dig boxes! Bless, they like to keep us on our toes! x

mine too. They don't seem to dig for a purpose, ther are no tunnels and they haven't got out of their night run they just seem to like pushing the soil around with their front paws. vey cute really :love:

Back