• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Summer Bunny Tea Party - The Wendy House Overhaul

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may know, I am heavily involved with Make Mine Chocolate (MMC), and following Easter, I wanted to do something to continue to keep folks focused on our campaign. So in the summer I am intending to hold a bunny tea party to continue to raise awareness of the plight of unwanted buns in the UK.

I want to hold a bunny tea in my garden so people can see how I like to keep bunnies and for those who are maybe new to having them, or considering having them, be available to give advice and information leaflets. We are hoping to maybe get people countrywide to do the same. We'll also be serving bunny shaped cakes, bunny shaped brownies (if Luvabun can do some baking for me) and tea!

So, my overhaul of my accommodation begins to make the garden look a bit more like a garden and less like Steptoes Yard.

Just about finished the outside of a recently spruced up wendy. Run still to go on, but you get the idea....

This is Rose Cottage (yes I am sad and all of my wendy's, sheds and hutches all have their own names :oops:)

IMG_4755.jpg

I've managed to find a little cast iron 'basket of flowers' door knocker, a nice Victorian pressed glass sweet dish for the door window glass, and a pretty carved wooden floral plaque. Yeah, you've guessed it, I have no kids and the bunnies are our family.....

I guess the point that I want to make to people is that having a bunny hutch in your garden doesn't have to be an eyesore and tucked away at the end of your grass, you can pretty it up however your imagination takes you!

Anyone else up for holding a bunny tea in the summer?

Last edited:
Oh WOW - I love Tea Partys and stuff! I would be going around all the charity shops getting bits and bobs for my Cottage!

I dont think your sad, I think its fantastic! I want one!

That is such a brilliant idea! It will give people a chance to see how bunnies should live and give people lots of tips aswell as being a fun day out. The Wendy House looks fantastic-very pretty.

I would love to have a tea party-but I can't afford a flat with a garden in London :(

Oh WOW - I love Tea Partys and stuff! I would be going around all the charity shops getting bits and bobs for my Cottage!

I dont think your sad, I think its fantastic! I want one!

I am sad, all of the wendy's have pictures on the walls too! I draw the line at chandaliers though (although I have been sorely tempted!)

That is so cool....it's lovely. If I had my way I'd have a whole row of wendy houses going up the garden, each with a different theme and with at least a pair of rabbits in each. OH has put foot down and said 'only one shed' but that's what he thinks!!!:roll:

That is such a brilliant idea! It will give people a chance to see how bunnies should live and give people lots of tips aswell as being a fun day out. The Wendy House looks fantastic-very pretty.

I would love to have a tea party-but I can't afford a flat with a garden in London :(

Well hopefully Aimee, when you come down and see where we are, you can come back in July and be at the party! I want it to be a social as well as an educational event.:D

What a delightful cottage. I wonder, do the bunnies get much post, I see they have a letterbox? Maybe just invoices for pellets and parsley?:lol:

I think the tea party is a great idea, I think you could get the press involved too - shame Ferns gone 'cos I could have seen her and Phil popping along for a cuppa!

That is so cool....it's lovely. If I had my way I'd have a whole row of wendy houses going up the garden, each with a different theme and with at least a pair of rabbits in each. OH has put foot down and said 'only one shed' but that's what he thinks!!!:roll:

Yeah, that's what my OH said too, but we now have four of these same wendy's two sheds, a lodge house, and umptee hutches.

You'll just have to twist his arm a bit harder.:D

Oh wow, Helen that looks fantastic. :love: I was just wondering what the glass in the door was and read it was a glass dish, genius!!

Can we see pics of your other wendy's too please :D:D:D

Well I am only partway through doing them - all being painted different pastel shades :oops:.

This one is The Reading Room and isn't quite done as I have to add window frames (so that I can put weather screens in the slots for winter), but you get the idea. It's called The Reading Room because Edison my lovely fella used to live there and I had a shelf of great books (including Beatrix Potter of course) and I used to go in there, sit and read to him. Maybe this is why he is the most cuddlesome of all of our buns.

I had to take the books out when I moved Henry in as he used to manage to get on the shelf and eat the books:shock:

IMG_4756.jpg

What a delightful cottage. I wonder, do the bunnies get much post, I see they have a letterbox? Maybe just invoices for pellets and parsley?:lol:

I think the tea party is a great idea, I think you could get the press involved too - shame Ferns gone 'cos I could have seen her and Phil popping along for a cuppa!

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh wow, Helen that looks fantastic. :love: I was just wondering what the glass in the door was and read it was a glass dish, genius!!

The front part is an old photo frame with the flat glass still in place and the dish is attached to the back side of the door to make it look 'pwettie'

WOW! :love: :love: :love:

You definitely have a flair for decoration :D

Could you let me know what playhouses they are? because I'm looking for one for my buns with a similar veranda to keep the rain out

WOW! :love: :love: :love:

You definitely have a flair for decoration :D

Could you let me know what playhouses they are? because I'm looking for one for my buns with a similar veranda to keep the rain out

They are the Poppy Playhouse from Waltons. £189 (although all but one of my mine were second hand) and delivered within 5 days. Not bad quality, although the floor is only chipboard rather than TandG. It's not a problem for us as we always lie lino in them to protect from little accidents.

I am going to have to come back round soon to see you all...feel like I haven't seen your buns for ages :oops:

Also, I may have to 'employ' you for a couple of days when we move to be our designated Wendy House 'erector' :lol:

xxx

Some of you may know, I am heavily involved with Make Mine Chocolate (MMC), and following Easter, I wanted to do something to continue to keep folks focused on our campaign. So in the summer I am intending to hold a bunny tea party to continue to raise awareness of the plight of unwanted buns in the UK.

I want to hold a bunny tea in my garden so people can see how I like to keep bunnies and for those who are maybe new to having them, or considering having them, be available to give advice and information leaflets. We are hoping to maybe get people countrywide to do the same. We'll also be serving bunny shaped cakes, bunny shaped brownies (if Luvabun can do some baking for me) and tea!

So, my overhaul of my accommodation begins to make the garden look a bit more like a garden and less like Steptoes Yard.

Just about finished the outside of a recently spruced up wendy. Run still to go on, but you get the idea....

This is Rose Cottage (yes I am sad and all of my wendy's, sheds and hutches all have their own names :oops:)

IMG_4755.jpg

I've managed to find a little cast iron 'basket of flowers' door knocker, a nice Victorian pressed glass sweet dish for the door window glass, and a pretty carved wooden floral plaque. Yeah, you've guessed it, I have no kids and the bunnies are our family.....

I guess the point that I want to make to people is that having a bunny hutch in your garden doesn't have to be an eyesore and tucked away at the end of your grass, you can pretty it up however your imagination takes you!

Anyone else up for holding a bunny tea in the summer?

That looks AMAZING Helen :) You are certainly artistically gifted :)

Who will be living in there? xxx

Back