• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting......confused?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Ok so Fudge and the others have just finished their moult but ive notice with Fudge she has started another :?

Her moult (like the others) starts from her head and works its way down her body and since last Friday she has baldy patches on her head (mainly my fault, but there is new fur underneath) and its started on her neck now?

Its not mites because you can see the new fur under her 'old' fur and its just strange as shes just finished her moult???

Is this ment to happen? she gets problems with ingesting too much hair during her moult and i dont want to go through it all again :? :? :?

I would probably pop her to the vets just to make sure everything is OK. It will put your mind at rest if nothing else.

Deej seems to be having a second moult straight after his first right now which is weird for him, maybe it's to do with the weather this year, I just don't know?

Barney's doing this... He's the only one where I can actually SEE his moult line. :roll: The rest have just had loose fur the entire time from when he first started moulting, until now... But with Barney, he has a visible moult line along his back, and he's started moulting along his nose again. He looks like he has eyebrows at the moment, too.

I actually really hate it when he moults. Out of all of them, he tends to suffer from a higher risk of stasis when he's in heavy moult, so I'm always watching him like a hawk at these times...

Back