• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Katie and Bumble say hello.

:wave:Hi
I am Katie and I have just bought a bunny called bumble. I am studying for my PhD in Chemsitry at the University of Leeds and enjoy having pets, walking and Swing Dancing. Bumble is a floppy earred menice who enjoys chewing, dandilion leaves and cucumber

I have no idea hat I am doing so help and support would be highly appreciated.

I went out for a drive with my housemate to get a few bits for her horse and we came back with horse shampoo and hoof picker, 2 pots of honey and a rabbit... My other housemates will not allow me and D to go out on our own anymore, :oops:

She is supposedly house trained but I made the mistake of letting her run around my room and now she has claimed the territory for herself. Can any one give me tips on re-house training her. I am looking into getting her spayed which from what I have read on websites will help the matter.

Looking forward to making some new bunny friends,

Katie and bumble x

hi there and welcome! :wave: im quite lucky in that most of my buns are good with their litter trays, only one likes to 'spread it around'!! i honestly dont know the reason behind your buns toileting habbits, could it be that its a huge new environment for her and shes just telling evryone its hers now or may it be that she was never litter trained at all? how old is she? you will get lots of fab info on here :)

Thank you for the welcomes!

Bumble is a year and a half, or so her old owners say, so I am not really sure.

I think she might have got excited about the amount of room she had to run around and is trying to claim it all for herself. I have read quite a few websites that have giving me tips for toilet training so now I just have to put them to the test. Most of them say to expand the sapce she can have a little at a time but I am not sure how to section off parts of the room.

Hello & welcome :wave:

You could get one of those puppy pens with the sections that link together to try and section bits off - she might jump over them but they're useful to have around anyway!

Welcome to the forum.:wave: With regards to your bunny's toilet training, try adding some hay in her litter tray (on top of her litter such as Megazorb), as bunnies enjoy eating hay while doing their business. Additionally, place some of her droppings in the litter tray. Getting her spayed will increase your chances of getting her litter trained and may also save her life, as 85% of unspayed bunnies end up suffering from uterine cancer. Good luck with your new bunny.

Back