• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never underestimate how little a gap that a bunny can get through!

happypreso

Alpha Buck
I have two pairs (but on pair seperate at the mo) and one pair have free run of the garden. The long term aim is to bond all 4 rabbits together and in readyness for this we have bought a new shed and are currently adapting it.

Now hubby and FIL insisted on putting a gap between the shed and the fence and the ground was uneven so they have leveled the shed off (and supported it) by wood/brick frame. It has been like this for a week or so now.

Roll onto yesterday, when I did a little check for the bun's and could not find Bugs anywhere! Searched in all his normal spots and nothing. Not in the hutch ... nowhere to be seen! okay I thought, the garden is bunny proof and there is nowhere for them to go and it isn't overlooked etc so didn't think anyone had taken him and knew he had to be around somewhere!

So I watched Star (his partner) for a bit. About 5 mins went by and Star when down the side of the new shed. So I went a little closer, she was doing a little bit of digging and then disappeared! a few minutes later, both rabbits came out!

I am not kidding you, this gap is tiny! The rabbits are 'medium' build so it is amazing to watch them and fit through this tiny gap! I went down the other end and there is a gap that you can watch them through (bugs loves it under the shed now) and he looks so cute snuggled under the shed!

Anyway, just thought I would share!

Last edited:
I agree, my Missy who was part wildy, managed to squeeze through the bars of a babygate once, and this was when she was an adult. :roll:

Back