• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding bunnys is this normal?

deja224

Alpha Buck
I have a blind bunny who isnt very strong so he is normaly housed alone, today I went out to find the door was open (hinge had broke) couldnt find little bunny, then found our big female bunny (who has slight brain damage) had dug out from run (very active for her!) iI went to hunt for them and they where cuddled up in our hay with each other, I have been watching them and they are following each other around garden grooming each other ect I put them back in there diffent hutches but they both where banging around put them both back in one pen and they cuddled up happy, is this normal do i keep them with each other so confused :?

If they seemed to have bonded themselves, then I wouldn't have split them to be honest. But you would have needed to put them back somewhere neutral.

If you have somewhere you can put them together away from their own spaces, then I'd actually put them back together but monitor progress.

It's actually quite unsettling to part bunnies that get on so I'd try them together again asap.

just worried as they both have problems i dont want the little blind one to get scared they both wanted to share feed bowl tonight, both these bunnys have had failed bondings so just a bit shocked!

i have cleaned a big hutch i use for bunny borders and they are in there but they just sit grooming each other or sleeping, is it normal for them to bond them selfs?

Back