• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it normal for my bun to be molting sooo much??? x

loz3232

Warren Scout
hey peeps :wave:
My bunny, Ralph is molting so much everytime i pick him up he lets off enough fur to block a hoover...:lol:
My mum told me it was the time of year and stuff but i just dont know??? :?
I brush him evey night when i get home from school and its soo worying the amount of fur comes off him!!!???
xxxxxxxxxxxxx please help xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, ours moults lots as well. You'd be surprised how much fur comes off a bunny. They have 2 coats, one fine coat next to the skin and another coat on top.

just have to keep brushing i'm afraid, but should be finished in a couple of weeks, the more you brush the faster the moult.

thankyou :) now i dont have to worry that ralph has got sum disease or sumin :lol:
yea i no iam a drama queen :lol:
xxxxx :love:

My Netherland dwarf moults all year round with no significant "break" between a summer or winter coat. Just means you have to invest in a good garment brush!

Amos moults so much its embarassing. I think vet throught I never groom him as the room was covered with hair after a few strokes. Could easily use him to make a jumper the whole house ends up covered, even rooms he doesn't go in.

Belle on the other hardly gives out any hair when she moults:D

Back