• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor Sugarplum

touie

Wise Old Thumper
She's had the same set up to get in and out of the shed since she was a baby a little plastic step to jump over the bottom of the inside door which is about 1' off the floor, and she has always managed it.

But... I just put their dinner in the shed and came back here ready to shut them up when they went back in, but I glanced out and saw a white bum half in and half out of the door :shock:

I went out and she hadn't quite cleared the door and was hanging over it by her tummy not able to go forward or back :cry: Thankfully she seems ok but she was quite panicky. I'm going to need to work out how to adjust it now for an unagile bunny! :shock:

Oh no poor Sugarplum I hope she's ok, would a ramp work for her?

yes I might get my dad to look at it and see if he could make a ramp that could attach when I open the door, although I am not convinced she'd be able to use that either :?. She's always been a clumsy rabbit, she is albino so has very poor eyesight and I am sure she is deaf too, she doesn't seem to hear me coming when I go to the shed!

Sorry to hear about Sugarplum she looks similar to my Honey who is an albino lop too. I think my Honey is deaf too as she doesn't seem to hear me either. I had not heard before that albinos have poor eye sight? My Honey seems to be able to see OK.

:shock: oh poor sugarplum!! teresa berties clumsy as heck too..his hearings not great..unless its the treat bag:lol: seriously tho lops hearing is never as good as upp eared buns at the best of times..but french lops are so supposedly laid back..i reckon cos their hearings so bad!
berties eye sighs always been abit odd i never realsied rews had such a big problem till i came on here and found out it was a common thing for rews.

are her legs ok.noit getting a bit of old lady artritis early is she?
Mind you bertie gets his feet n legs cuaght on everything..weve just got rid of our 3 iece suite and got two huge benabag beds instead..and he can get up on those:shock:
maybe she had a bertie monet and was having a rest...he tends to nod off doing things..always has done since i got him..he was 18 months old when i adopted him...and hes now 4......so hes been an oap bun sinc ei got him..least thats what he seems like he sleeps so much and snires so loudly.
hes about the same isze as sugarplum you said..so maybe its just their size and their age maybe makes em tire quicker now....never stopped my poor old willow..she was a mountain goat and sure footed till the day she died:(

i think youll go to the effort of getitng htis ramp done and she will protest!!

good idea anyway.......poor girlie...:lol:

I think she must have just misjudged it, good job I was keeping my eye out! I just can't believe she was stuck. She had some of her weight on her front legs on the step but she couldn't pull her back half over :? It's not as if she is over weight either, she is quite slim :shock: I will have to examine her legs, I haven't noticed her having any movement problems before this although she's not the livliest rabbit in the world :shock: She'll be 3 in August so not really old either!

mm bertie has a habit of dragging his legs sometimes..rob once was convinced he had something wrong then put it down to bertie being bertie. i ownder if its a frenchie problem as their legs are short and their frame is large...but i do find he does have a tendency to drag his feet a bit...but not on the lino...hes weird!
shes just as weird eh:lol:

wow hasnt time flown....!! bertie says hes an oap in the making at four..least he tries to make out he is when he wants something or wants extra attention...then he forgets and becomes mr cuddles with a nutty twist:lol:

could it be shes lost a toenail..as berties good at this even when he has a regular manicure..we dont know how he does it but he does! sometimes he nods off eating or drinking or munching hay or they do that spaced out thing where they look like their thinking then carry on what theyre doing..i was terrified he had a form of epiplesy likeme..then i realised..all our buns have done this..its just shows more in a frenchie esp a lazy one:lol:

worth taking her to the vet just as a precaution? or have a chat over the phone first anyway....sounds to me like she was doing a bertie..stopping for a rest after making a fool of herself......our cats do it too...i meant to run into the wall..im laying here examining my mistake:roll::lol:

Back