• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch companies

Those hutches are about 2ft high (each level).

I've got 3 of the 6ft hutch over 6x4 run, and the main criticism I'd have is that the roof is made of MDF and it doesn't have enough of a slope to allow water to drain off properly. Definitely needs a tarpaulin over it.

If you do decide to get one, the company sell them cheaper on Ebay.

Might be cheaper to find a hutch builder locally though

I would not recommend Happy Hutches if they are for outside use, despite me stating that I live in Wales (which is very wet as you can imagine!), the overhang is about 2 inches at the front and less than 1 inch at sides and back, despite putting felt on all the sides and back myself they still leak so have to have a tarpaulin over all year round! I spent £280 on it too so not impressed! Would not use them again, the wood is also warping quite badly on the door frames.

Thanks, I've never been a great fan of them either but couldn't see another affordable company that would make one to order :?

I have always topped roofs with those bitumen corrugated roofing sheets from b&q cos there is never enough overhang unless use build your own.

Also does anyone know the height of these hutches, I can't see it anywhere and have emailed to ask but again no reply so far :?

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Th...4 Giant Double Decker Rabbit Guinea Pig Hutch

The hutches in the link it also says they are made of shiplap wood. I bought one prob around December and the sides are good quality shiplap but the back panel is plywood :? Another thing worth knowing when comparing is that the middle panel is fixed on these whereas with the Happy Hutch you get two mesh door, ie all the front panels are doors.

I would not recommend Happy Hutches if they are for outside use, despite me stating that I live in Wales (which is very wet as you can imagine!), the overhang is about 2 inches at the front and less than 1 inch at sides and back, despite putting felt on all the sides and back myself they still leak so have to have a tarpaulin over all year round! I spent £280 on it too so not impressed! Would not use them again, the wood is also warping quite badly on the door frames.

I've had mine since last June and have no problems with warping. I did have a few leaks through the tongue and groove sides when I first got it, but a couple of coats of woodstain solved that and it's been fine since. :)

Albany pets are no longer on ebay after a huge cofuffle over new year. Although you can contact them through their website, Im sure they will be able to help you out my 5ft doubles are from them as are the 5ftx6ftx29inch runs.

This is my happy hutch, can't find my thread but lots of people on here were very unhappy with there's

S5000990.jpg

S5000994.jpg
notice the lack of angle on the roof

S5000905.jpg
it tended to do this, A LOT.

S5000906-1.jpg

I would choose HH over Albany Pets - my run from Albany was very poorly made and the wire mesh lid fell out one night, :shock: I can only assume when a fox jumped over the garden fence and landed on it.

I don't want to sound rude Louise, but are you sure you put the HH together right? :oops: Only I can see that you put the front panel on upside down for starters. The run also looks wrong - in that second photo it looks as though you have used the front as one of the sides - which is probably why it was a bad fit. :):)

The instructions with mine were awful. :shock: :lol: Dh and I had to suss out what went where for ourselves by looking at the photo of the completed thing on ebay. :roll:

The instructions with mine were awful. :shock: :lol: Dh and I had to suss out what went where for ourselves by looking at the photo of the completed thing on ebay. :roll:

I got part of my run upside down/back to front to start with - it was a flipping nightmare. I only realised when I'd assembled the run then tried to assemble the hutch on top of it. I was working in an enclosed space too so it really wasn't funny:oops: It's just reminded me how hard the instructions were to follow.

I'm sure we did a similar thing Alison - I've blocked the memory from my mind partly because it was sooooo traumatic :lol: but I know there was lots of :censored: coming from dh's direction.

I'm sure it must have been even harder for lottielouise with the 4ft version, because the run is 4ft square - we could at least narrow down what went where with the 6x4 run because we had two short sides and two long ones.

Thanks for all the info :D

We have done some measuring today and think we can fit a 7ft by 3 ft cycle storage shed in where we wanted to put the double 6ft by 2 ft hutch:) Which will work out loads cheaper and hopefully be better all round.

I have emailed Happy Hutch again for a quote for an odd sized hutch but again haven't heard back yet

Back