• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update On Helen & Baby Saint

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Mother and baby have settled in with us fine and my Husband Mike is getting Mum Helen use to being handled and yesterday he sat with her on his knee and stroked her back which she let him do and this was a big thing for her and us as she is very wary about you touching her there.
We have been trying to gently brush her back as she has scurf and dead fur due to having a severe case of mites when she was found, but it's not easy as I think she may be very tender there. Bless Her!

We put Helen and baby on the kitchen floor the other day and Helen was a picture to watch as she sat there looking around at first taking everything in and then she would do little happy bunny jumps which was difficult for her to do as she is slightly twisted...but she did them. I was nearly crying as it was so rewarding to see her so happy.

Baby Saint sort of stayed near or in the litter tray and Mike was able to pick her up and have a good look at her little legs while Mum was busy inspecting the kitchen floor.
Saint's legs don't look great, one of her little legs bends underneath her and the foot is flat from dragging it around and I think in time the leg will be cumbersome for her and may need to be amputated but as she get's older I will seek advice from my Vet on that. The dislocated hip leg she is using more now and I'm hoping the strength will come back in that leg as she will need it if she loses the other leg. It's a problem we will deal with as we get to it but for now both Mum and baby are doing very well.

Helen and Saint's playtime.
4-5-092.jpg

Helen sit's taking everything in.
4-5-09.jpg

Baby Saint eating as usual.:p
5-5-09-1.jpg

Contented Mum and Baby :love::love:
5-5-09.jpg

Last edited:
awhhh:love: how wonderful! you are doing a great job and the bunnies are so lucky to have you take such good care of them! i hope the little one copes well in later life.

Those pictures and story made me cry - thank you for taking such wonderful cre of them- they are truly truly beautiful! :love::love::love:

Back