• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urine question

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
How often do rabbits go for a wee?

The reason I ask is I am bunny sitting Charlie who my parents are fostering for Kris, we collected him last night and I don't think he has wee'd :? :? He is very lively, eating and pooing but no wee that I can see. Any thoughts?

It took Fuzzy over a day before he had his first wee when he first arrived. He still doesn't wee much, we had his kidneys checked and all is fine :)

if we bring our toffee indoors he used to go allll day and only go a wee in his hutch.. what a goodboy haha. but then we started to not keep him in for long and let him have two dirt boxes.. one to sit in and one to wee in :)

Hope he wees soon :wave:

Thanks guys...woke up to find a big wee on the living room floor this morning :roll: :lol: Seems he is such a tidy boy he doesn't want to wee in his dog crate so aimed as far away as possible :lol: :lol:

aw bless, boys eh:lol: eric used to wee in his litter tray but prefers to wee just outside it now. tried a bigger tray to see if his aim was a bit off - he wouldn't even go near the bigger tray:?

x

Well Charlie moved his litter tray out of the way to get to the corner and aim out of the crate :shock: He will be neutered soon so hopefully he'll calm donw then :lol:

He likes to sleep in his litter tray so obviously he wouldn't want to pee there :roll:

I induce them every few hr. to prevent future possibility of chronic kidney failure. I take them to their favorite pee spot every few hr.

Thanks guys...woke up to find a big wee on the living room floor this morning :roll: :lol: Seems he is such a tidy boy he doesn't want to wee in his dog crate so aimed as far away as possible :lol: :lol:

Daisy will ONLY wee in the garden-practically hopping from foot to foot first thing in the morning,hence I can never have a lie in!!:roll:

Well Charlie moved his litter tray out of the way to get to the corner and aim out of the crate :shock: He will be neutered soon so hopefully he'll calm donw then :lol:

He likes to sleep in his litter tray so obviously he wouldn't want to pee there :roll:

One of girls use to do this before neutering so we pegged a towel to the corner of the crate to catch the wee and changed it every day :)

One of girls use to do this before neutering so we pegged a towel to the corner of the crate to catch the wee and changed it every day :)

thats a good idea as i really don't like the thought of eric having wet bedding during the night (newspaper and hay at mo as seems to be a shortage of back to nature round 'ere at present and carefresh seems to make him sneeze more).

thanks

x

Daisy will ONLY wee in the garden-practically hopping from foot to foot first thing in the morning,hence I can never have a lie in!!:roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bubbles won't wee in the garden at all - if she's free ranging I leave the litter tray on the grass and she hops back in it when she needs the loo. :lol::lol:

I just stumbled across this thread while looking to see if Charlie has a RIN thread that needs bumping.

I'm glad I'm not going mad, Charlie (he is staying here for a couple of weeks while Lou is on hols) was out in the run for several hours at the weekend and when I put him back I noticed that there weren't any poops there. He immediately did a great pile of them once I put him back in his hutch, so he is obviously a lovely clean boy who only likes to do his business in his litter tray.

Anyone on the lookout for a delightfully clean, well-litter trained little boy?

:lol::lol::lol:

Bubbles won't wee in the garden at all - if she's free ranging I leave the litter tray on the grass and she hops back in it when she needs the loo. :lol::lol:

That's such a good idea. :D Thumps charges in from outside, & performs as fast as he can, to get back out again before I decide he's had enough "garden time".

Back