• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i am looking for a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch for my lionhead!

laurafoz

Warren Scout
Hi I have just adopted a 3 year old lionhead buck and have aquired a small hutch so not happy to keep him like that for long! it is high enough for him to stand on hindlegs and explore but not long enough and would ideally like a 5 or 6 foot long hutch, 2 foot high and deep, either with run underneith or 2 floors. My Simba is a playful boy and needs more space. He has a large run but just wanted more sheltered play space for him!

Any ideas or recommendations of good company who sells outdoor hutchs?

Hi I have just adopted a 3 year old lionhead buck and have aquired a small hutch so not happy to keep him like that for long! it is high enough for him to stand on hindlegs and explore but not long enough and would ideally like a 5 or 6 foot long hutch, 2 foot high and deep, either with run underneith or 2 floors. My Simba is a playful boy and needs more space. He has a large run but just wanted more sheltered play space for him!

Any ideas or recommendations of good company who sells outdoor hutchs?

Your local RSPCA centre should sell their 6x2x2 TandG hutch for £95. Quite a nice hutch and easy to clean but you'd have to add locks as they only come with turnbuttons.

Hi Dawsons Animal Housing apparently do really good hutches & runs - quite a few members on here have used them in the South Yorkshire area - although I've not personally.

I couldn't tell you what their prices are, but might be worth enquiring with them :)

http://www.dawsonsanimalhousing.co.uk/

Thanks The duchess, LilBun and bunny addict for your recommendations, That gives me something to go on!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=150240&highlight=hutch

I am pretty sure that this hutch in the first post is an RSPCA one, the bolts dont come with it.

Yep, that's one of the little beauties (belonging to Luvabun). I have four of them all with different set ups - all with runs attached in one way or another.

Here's one of my latest creations....

IMG_2302.jpg

Try http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches

I've ordered from them a lot & find them to be very reliable. I have the 1st 'Natura' hutch that I recently got on Ebay :D It's made really well.

If you do get one of their hutches please add your own bolts as they have these silly heart turn buttons & they are really really pants. Lucky mine already had slip bolts on it the previous owner had added

Have you thought about a shed?

Rabbits can be rather addictive if you let them be (I have 5) I started knowing nothing about rabbits and bought a 4ft hutch combo, only to learn it wasn't suitable and buy a 5ftx2ftx2ft double hutch, and 6ft run (twice) to accomodate my pairs, I then bought a 14ftx6ft dog kennel :oops: the amount of money I have 'wasted' on accomodation is unreal. I really wish I had bought the best and biggest I coul afford in the first place.

Back