• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TJ not himself

wiggie

Alpha Buck
I can't put my finger on it but since his dental last tuesday TJ has not been himself. He's eating normally, his poos are normal although sightly more night poos leftover in the morning. He's moving around fine. It's just something in his manner's changed.
I also noticed after the dental this time he flaked when he got home immediately flopping and stretching out for 1/2 hour recovering form the ordeal. I put it down to him coming home earlier than normal but we went for his check up today and when we got home he did the same thing. Completely flaked out panting away recovering from the stress of it all. After 20 mins he sprang back to life. He's never done that before. . .what am I putting him through:roll:.
The vet has put him on metacam as well as his abx and wants an update on fri by phone even giving me his mobile number as he won't be in the surgery :shock:.
I have a dread in my tum that he may not come off the metacam now and that this is the beginning of a downward turn for him. (he has grade 4 dental disease) He seem very mortal all of a sudden:cry:
I'm hoping I'm just being paranoid.
vibes would be good

Sending loads of vibes for TJ hope he gets back to normal soon.

I have a dental bun who has elongated tooth roots and he is on Metacam for the rest of his life, although he is on quite a low dose now compared to this time last year. He has also been on Baytril for nearly a year. He is stable now and has to go for a check up once a month and have dentals every few months. Hope your bun can stabilise and can lead a pain free and happy life like my bunny Smudge now does. Hope this gives you some encouragement :)

Sending loads of vibes for TJ hope he gets back to normal soon.

I have a dental bun who has elongated tooth roots and he is on Metacam for the rest of his life, although he is on quite a low dose now compared to this time last year. He has also been on Baytril for nearly a year. He is stable now and has to go for a check up once a month and have dentals every few months. Hope your bun can stabilise and can lead a pain free and happy life like my bunny Smudge now does. Hope this gives you some encouragement :)

I hope TJ stabilises like this. At the moment it just seems like one more step towards somewhere we don't want to go. Must think positive....

Thanks for all the vibes:)

He seems a bit perkier thanks. He has thrown his food bowl around his hutch this morning which is much more like himself. We will just have to keep a close eye on him and hope the metacam does the trick for now.
x

Back