• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting after Myxi jab?

kimishorty

Young Bun
Hiya, me again, as you an tell, I'm new to bunnies (hence already posting so many 'help' questions! But here's another one. Thanks in advance for advice.

Widget is 10 weeks old, and has been good as gold since we got him two weeks ago, very happy, binkying lots, being all 'normal' and cuddly, will let you stroke him, he comes up on the lap for a fuss etc etc.

But today I took him for his first vist to the vets for a myxi jab and it all went perfectly, he was very well behaved and nothing seemed to phase him at all, even when we got home he still acted like normal, came straight out the carry case, ran around the flat as normal, came up on the sofa with me etc.

But twice today since the vets, he has come up on the sofa, run onto my lap like normal, then bitten my arm! Once was quite hard, and I put that down to an error in his judgement, thinking my clothing was the jacket I was wearing earlier in the day which he tried to tear off me when we got home (I presumed this was a reaction to the jab as I have never seen him so hell bent on pulling/tearing something as my jacket that I was still wearing before!) , but then he came back a bit later and did the same again, (not as hard this time though as I saw it coming). He has never bitten or tried to bite before, so why would he suddenly do this? He didnt try to bite my partner and he was sat next to me and got a cuddle too. Widget wasnt scared - it was his choice to jump on my lap. hmmmm.

Everything else he is doing is the same as normal. I hope he doesnt start a biting habit. He is laying next to me now, after just flopping (and nearly throwing himself off the sofa in the process) and tooth purring!

He could be upset because you took him to the vet. Or he could be asking you to move. Or he could just be playing. I wouldn't worry about it for now, all buns bite a little every now and then :)

Thanks for your replies guys, He didnt try anymore to bite last night, actually he came and snuggled up against me on the sofa which is the first time he has done that (my other half did feel a bit neglegted hehe.) so all is forgiven.xx:D

Back