• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not a happy bunny

Katya

New Kit
Poor Oscar is not a happy bunny :cry:

He is a dwarf/mini lop x. He lost his brother Charlie at Christmas when a fox broke into their run :cry::cry::cry: (I've improved security since).

He seemed to be doing OK and we weren't able to get him a new partner in the winter for various reasons. But now we are ready and very excited to bring a new rabbit (or two ;) ) into the family. We even have a brand new hutch and run combo waiting for after they are bonded :D

Oscar is seeming more and more lonely and bored. When we are out in the garden he's out in his attached run having a good nosey. I'm watching the boys play footy in the garden as I type and Oscar is happily hopping round his run. (In fact he's just done a binky:D ) Until the boys went out he's spent the whole day in his nesting/sleeping area looking miserable. It makes me feel miserable too seeing him like this.:( Seeing photos of everybody's gorgeous happy loved-up bunny pairs makes me realise how lonely bored and unhappy he is :cry:

He's in good health and was checked by the vet last week when he went for his myxi jab. He's eating and pooing. I know the best thing is to get him a girlfriend. I've been in touch with a rescue about finding a suitable girl for him. I'm waiting to hear back. I had a homecheck this weekend.

Can you suggest anything to cheer him up in the mean time? I try to go out to him as much as possible. The house is completely not-bunny-proof so I can't bring him in.
Or do you know of a gorgeous, friendly, easy-to-handle girl or pair of girls who might like to share snuggles with my lonely little guy?
Any advice gratefully received (but please be gentle - I'm quite new to bunnies)
Thanks
Kelly

I know what will cheer Oscar up- let him come and live with me and Strawberry!

He is so cute!

I know what will cheer Oscar up- let him come and live with me and Strawberry!

He is so cute!

I'm sure it would cheer him up. And he and Strawberry would no doubt get up to all sorts of mischief together. But no bunny-knapping allowed :no: - we'd miss him so much.
He's happy when he's got company (you saw that for yourself in my garden on Saturday) Just wish I could quickly find him a girlfriend or two to keep him company :love:

I am sure Honeybunnies will be able to sort you out with a girlie bun soon- I know how hard it is waiting around, especially your other bunny is unhappy.

I needs to bunny nap him- he is just so cuddly looking!

Back