• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really stupid question but...........

lilbun

Warren Veteran
If 2 adult neutered females hate each other will they always do so or is there any hope of them learning to tolerate each other? I don't expect them to share a hutch (although that would be nice), but it would be nice if they could at least share the garden in peace. They had a fight on first meeting which led to an immedate vet trip for stitches. After a year of keeping them separate I found I could let them out together without fighting, but only because one would run away. Now after nearly another year there is still a chase if one gets too close- but only if she runs from the dominant one.

Were they neutered when they were fighting?

If not then you could try another bond. I think you either have to do that or keep them completely seperate. If they don't live together but keep meeting each other there will always be lots of chasing.

Were they neutered when they were fighting?

If not then you could try another bond. I think you either have to do that or keep them completely seperate. If they don't live together but keep meeting each other there will always be lots of chasing.

Yes they were, but one of them had only been done recently.
It's ok for now as I have a huge garden, so i can separate them if there's any aggro, but i'm gonna have to move soon to a garden one tenth of the size :(:(:(
Daft thing is Mango takes no notice of Custardapple until Custard runs away, then Mango just has to chase, almost like a dog chases a cat :roll:

Just to add my other two get along with everyone. Part of the trouble is that both of these girls want to be dominant, and they both love my boybun Apricot, who lives with Custardapple

i raise my hand with the same problem, ted an petal despise each other lol hence why i got ralph for petal. i'm really not sure if they'll ever tolerate each other but let you know if a miracle happens.

At the moment all the buns are eating the grass peacefully, the girls are within about 10 feet of each other so things have improved alot :)

Back