• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm Torn! =(

Pinkchi

Warren Scout
I need mega help! As the title says I am torn between decisions!
I have just found out that the mother of my soon to be mini lop has had 9 kits! :shock: Now originally I was intending on getting just one to have as a house rabbit....but now I know there are so many i'm really considering 2! I have told myself it will be double cost for vets and food etc but I know I can cope money wise. I'm just not sure if 2 will work....I like the idea of having two to keep each other company in the day when I am at work but at the same time i'd still like to bond with them. If I get 2 will they be more 'wild' and become less tame as they would spend so much time together?

Or do I just get the one baby for now and wait a year or so and then get a rescue to pair her up with?

Oh and just to clarify it would be 2 girls, Tinkerbell & Tigerlilly....
I already picked names :oops::oops:

In my opinion, if you go out to work, then 2 is an absolute must. They will keep each other company and as you have already said that paying for 2 is not an issue, then I would go for it :D

Once you get one you want another one and another. I think it would be a good idea to get 2 sisters but make sure they are both girls. It is a little more expensive for two than one like you said vet bills etc. but least you know that yourself. I love the names you picked for them as well. When will you be getting them and can we have pics please. I started off with one then two and now i have 15 i think?

Once you get one you want another one and another. I think it would be a good idea to get 2 sisters but make sure they are both girls. It is a little more expensive for two than one like you said vet bills etc. but least you know that yourself. I love the names you picked for them as well. When will you be getting them and can we have pics please. I started off with one then two and now i have 15 i think?

They were born on 3rd May so only a few days old, am still waiting for pictures of the babies. Will definatly share when i get pics :)
Mum is an isabelle beige mini lop & dad is a fawn butterfly mini lop, both are gorgeous x

I think you should get 2. Because if you get one a few months down the line you will want another and wish you had taken buns sister, however i must say that a rescue bunny is also a good idea, as there are so many needing homes. Im not an expert and are still learning, but i wuld think two sisters wuld bond easier than if you got a rescue. If the cost isnt a prob, like you mentioned then enjy two buns. Im hoping to get another, so gd luck to you x

I think it's always kinder to keep rabbits in pairs.

Having several rabbits as singles then subsequently got them partners, i noticed no difference in their attitude towards me, and they seemed much happier in themselves.

i have a pair of housebuns atm who get into my bed for a morning snuggle with me:)

I think their 'wildness' depends on the buns personality. Sophie is erm aloof, and doesn't like a lot of human company, but loves her Granite. Granite is rather shy, but will come and see what you are doing and if you are lucky will ask for a nose rub. I go and sit in with them, but it makes no difference, but they are boths still under a year old, so I think with time and patience I might get there! Sophie was from an accidental litter, and Granite a Honeybunny.

Autumn and Charlie are my Soppy pair, they come up to the side of the cage, looking at what you are doing, and just generally want to be fussed. Charlie came from my cousin who at 13 got bored of him, and Autumn came from a couple who could not keep her anymore.

If you are wanting a soppy bun/s, I do think you are better going to a rescue, just cos they know their personalities, due to being in rescue a while and being older, its also a lot cheaper as most decent rescues will neuter and vacc their buns before letting them go. Which means you would save about 50+ pound per rabbit to get them from a rescue.

After the amount I have spend on my girls, I will definately get a rescue again

Back