• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need fundraising idea,s .... help...

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
my current vet bill is £1700, and i need to fundraise as much as i can to get it paid, can anyone think of any good idea,s to help raise the money:)
i currently do carboots every week.
reply to this thread or pm me

ps, this bill has got high due to neglected bunnies coming in, not me being irresponsible, i currently am not taking any new bunnies in because of the size of the vet bill,

idea,s desperately needed :cry:

How about reviving the Donate-a-vac thread and doing a donate a neuter/spay?
Even if they've already been done, I'm sure no-one would mind:)

Do you have any long-termers that people could sponsor?

Sorry - can't think of anything more original at the moment :oops: but I'll keep trying!

How about a guess the number of rabbits you've rehomed since starting..if its not on your website
£2 a guess and prize for the nearest:D

I was doing a collection outside Tescos for the Rabbit Residence at the weekend and got a good reponse so that definitely could be worth trying :)

Had a bucket with some cute bunny pics on ;)

do you have any summer fetes/festivals coming up near you? We do quite a few of those and they do have a payback, even if you don't always make big money it is good to get your name out there. At the fetes we do a few of the following.....

(1) guess the weight/name of the bunny (find a cheap big good as new toy bunny that kids can name/weigh off ebay or freecycle). 50p a go.
(2) Pin the tail on the bunny - Again you need a good prize and a photo of a bunny
(3) Face painting - Need 2-3 people quite good at art for this one but the paints (snazaroo) are usually very good value & at a busy fete we can do 100+ kids.
(4) Cookie & brownies - Always go down well & make more profit than big cakes.
(5) Tombola - Put all the really good stuff from your carboot for tombolla. Find some high volume, low margin teddies/keyrings/toys etc to bulk out the prizes.

If you don't have any fetes coming up then organise a collection day with your local council or supermarket. Rumour has it from a man in a dog suit that if you can get a day at Tesco you can with some effort get £500 a day. We have never had a tesco day as you need to apply well in advance but if you are willing to very enthusiastically target the other supermarkets they may let you have a shake a tin day or even a packing day (you'll need a lot of people and tins for that if you do it). Pets at home also let people shake a tin at their store. In all cases you need a "grabber" which will either be photos, a costume (bunny ears?) or something similar.

Use the fundraising section here :) I'm sure a donate a vax or some sort of competition would go down well. Every penny counts.

An open day....ok you will need to buy tea/coffee etc but people really enjoy going to see the bunnies.

A sponsor - Do you have a local company/pet shop that might sponsor you?

Last edited:
someone sorry i cant for the life of me remember who it was done bunny biscuits a while back and they sold really well i believe i would defo buy them again??

I know it wouldnt make much but every little helps!

I would do one for yout but i have no idea how to make them lol they smelled (sp) lovely!!!!!

Also many companies do "matched giving", Barclays & T mobile for sure. An employee has to be involved with the fundraising in some way, (a certain event so make it your biggest money spinner) and the company will match whatever you raise.

Someone on RU must work for a company that does it?

Also many companies do "matched giving", Barclays & T mobile for sure. An employee has to be involved with the fundraising in some way, (a certain event so make it your biggest money spinner) and the company will match whatever you raise.

Someone on RU must work for a company that does it?

ohh thats a cool idea......perhaps if you find someone who works for one of those companies & you could persuade them to do a fun run or similar? There is a website www.justgiving.co.uk which can also claim gift aid for you if you are registered & is a place where people can do sponsorship online.

We have people doing a sponsored weight loss on the just giving site & a run as well.

ohh thats a cool idea......perhaps if you find someone who works for one of those companies & you could persuade them to do a fun run or similar? There is a website www.justgiving.co.uk which can also claim gift aid for you if you are registered & is a place where people can do sponsorship online.

We have people doing a sponsored weight loss on the just giving site & a run as well.

I think the employee of the company who gives the "matched giving" only has to be involved in a small way - maybe printing the posters for an event or just be on the "fundraising commitee" they needn't work up a sweat if they don't want to! My husband got it for our school's summer fair a few years ago (£1000) because I/we are on the PTA. Sorry he doesn't work for that company anymore.

Back