• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Breed Health Survey U/D new idea with donations!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
This will also be posted in Rabbit Health

Hi,
I am doing a research article for my college coursework (i am a vet student at the Royal Veterinary College) on breed traits in rabbits and the effects on their health and welfare. I would really appreciate it if as many RU members could complete it as possible.

There are sepate questions for your own rabbits and any foster/rescue rabbits. Please fill in the questions as best you can for as many rabbits as you can, both past and present - but dont get stressed if you cant remember all the details!

The questions are in 2 parts, 10 questions in each, and shouldnt take more than 20 minutes to complete.

the links are http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=J_2f0VVkxBP3HxoNJkwR1Ouw_3d_3d and http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=KoW6r0j4OnE5tmTxjpGhPQ_3d_3d

There is no category for giant breeds, and i cant add any without removing the previous responses, so if you have any giant breed rabbits, please add them in the "other" boxes as appropriate.

Please PM me if you have any questions or problems, and thanks very much for your time!

Vikki

Last edited:
hi my buns don't have any problems, well don't seem to have and their a lionhead and medium lop. i have though recently adopted a himalyan who has pasturella but this is in every rabbit but stress induces it, not sure if this helps your survey.

hi my buns don't have any problems, well don't seem to have and their a lionhead and medium lop. i have though recently adopted a himalyan who has pasturella but this is in every rabbit but stress induces it, not sure if this helps your survey.

It took me ages to fill all mine out....I hope I've done it properly :oops:

lol it did look quite length but i had nothing to fill out in it and touch wood never will :oops:

Please feel free to fill it in for healthy bunnies! the idea is to get a picture of the scale of breed-related problems among rabbit owners, so if you have particular breeds with no health problems thats important information too!

In the survey, it only lists a certain number of breeds and some of mine are not on the list... what do I do in this case? Or are you only looking into those particular breeds?

Vera

In the survey, it only lists a certain number of breeds and some of mine are not on the list... what do I do in this case? Or are you only looking into those particular breeds?

Vera

Please add them in the "other" boxes where possible/appropriate. If that doesnt work, please PM the basic details of the question you are trying to answer. I really do appreciate people's effort in doing this, so please dont stress yourselves out with it!

All done.

Fortunately I have been very lucky with my buns so not much info I could fill in I'm afraid.

hey guys
thanks to everyone who has filled in the survey - i've got 37 replies for part 1 and 29 for part 2
please make sure you do both parts if possible, even if you only have answers for one or two questions! and let me know if you get stuck or something doesnt work!
Cheers
Vikki

Back