• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help/advise re Lola please...tummy again. Update 01.43

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Lola was not interested in her supper. She ate her tea at 5pm but only nibbled her mini Shredded Wheat at 9.00pm. She keeps on lying down, and visiting the loo, but is not producing anything. (poo).

I have tried to give her some gentle tummy rubs - but she flinches a little. I have made her warm and comfortable.

I know I will worry over night, should I put her in the smaller cage on her own and see if she poos and keep her in my room overnight?

I dont want her to get like she was before - any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I think I would be calling the vet for advice personally, I've just been informed one of my ex-rescue bunnies died tonight at the vets (from bloat) so am on super-cautious mode now. :(

I can only advise you take her to the vets. You know how quickly they go downhill. Hoipe she feels better soon xx

Is she hopping round Andrea? How long has she been like it? xXx

She was running about up until about 45 minutes ago. She just didnt want her supper and just wants to lie down. She has eaten about half a mini Shredded Wheat but wont eat her favourite grape. (only a bit)

Have filled her little hot water bottle - am going to take her up to my room with me so I can keep my eye on her.

Sending lots of vibes :( I very much doubt the panacur wouldve caused it. Keep offering her things to eat and keep her hopping round :) I know it sounds cruel but we found with Ronnie it helps when he gets a bad tummy to keep him moving :) xXx

oh no!! I think personally knowing how fast rabbits can go downhill I'd contact the vet,better safe than sorry.Sending lots of vibes to one of my favourite bunnies on here!!!! xxx

I have put her in the "hospital" cage next to Lucy so I can see if she poos, Lucy does so many its hard to tell. She is now bouncing around the hospital cage and has produced two tiny little poos.

Looks like Im on the sofa tonight,

I have put her in the "hospital" cage next to Lucy so I can see if she poos, Lucy does so many its hard to tell. She is now bouncing around the hospital cage and has produced two tiny little poos.

Looks like Im on the sofa tonight,

Thats good though :thumb: At least shes moving round and is producing something, even if its tiny :) Sending lots of vibes for the beautiful girly xXx

Two tiny poos are a start! I wonder if she's picked up on the stress of the day with the neighbour troubles? Hope she inproves quickly.

Lots of vibes for her Cat. Didn't you say that there's been a lot of hair in her poos lately? Is she moulting? Could all be related if she's ingesting a lot of hair... hope she picks up soon anyway :)

Back