• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding

willowholly

Mama Doe
Im off on my hols this week & had arranged for my sister to go in twice a day to feed buns & make sure they are ok.Now the time is nearing I paniced and have booked them in for boarding.I was worried about them being on own for 23 hours a day in case they had an accident or fight or something.B has boarded at this place before but I wasn't happy as they lied about keeping her in the house & the dog scared her.This time she said she would only have her in the garage so at least she was up front.I dont mind so much this time cos B has got Dill so doesn't need human company like I expected last time.The good thing about this situation is that they have access to a run in the garden in the day which will be nice for them as I dont have a garden & also if there is a problem I trust her totally to get them to our vet.She only charges £6 a day & that includes veggys.This is not an ideal situation but at least I know they will be watched more than an hour a day & to be honest NO-ONE will look after my buns in the way I do because they dont love them like I do.Hope I have done the right thing.

It must be really hard to leave them, im dreading when I go on holiday and have to leave my pair for 2 weeks.

Its a shame you dont have anyone else to have them. Are they outdoor bunnies normally?

No.B was free range until Dill came along a few weeks ago but she is ok with being caged.We had to buy a bigger cage as they were being so naughty.Last time B was at this place they said she would be kept in kitchen but when they text me when away they said she was" playing in her playpen in garage" which turns out they had put her in cage out in garage in day and kitchen at night.then lectured me when we went to pick her up on why she needed to be inside as she has a "lovely thick coat",They really didn't grasp what a houserabbit was!If B was on her own still I wouldn't even contemplate her living in a garage for a week but I dont think leaving them at home is a good idea at mo.What if something happened?Left them free range for 2days when we first got Dill as we had gone away[my sister went in twice a day]but am not happy doing that for a week especially as they are more naughty now.

Ah right. Im not far from lincolnshire so could have had them here but I work all day so they would have had to be caged.

I hope they enjoy the boarding- I am sure they will be fine, its not for long!

Also,if they are on grass,which they are not used to,do you think I should get them to cut down their veg too,dont want them to get an upset tummy.Oh dear,I really need to chill dont I?!:lol:

If they are not used to grass I would make sure they are not allowed it at all. It can be terrible for dodgy tummies if bunnies dont usually eat it.

Trouble is if I say that she might not get them out the cage at all.B was ok last time ,when we used to take her to our friends she wasn't interested in the grass.Not sure if Dill has had grass as he came from Honeybunnies.Im not going to panic anymore just ignore me.This is a proper petpals business so hopefully they will know what they are doing!!!:?Off to watch ashes to ashes now.Thankyou for your advice.:)

Back