• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit poop and pee?

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
What do you do with it?? You're not allowed to put it in the normal bin or garden waste bin so where are you supposed to dispose it?

We dont own a bunny yet but we will when the right one comes along. My OH is worried about smell and where to put rabbit waste.

Bunny will be house bunny so pee and poop would be mixed in with some kind of litter material, dont fancy the idea of picking individual poops out or anything, just want suggestions on what you do with the whole lot?

We dont have enough room for a compost heap

Help!? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Quite a few councils sell subsidised compost bins that aren't that big. Or you could try freecycle see if anyone with a heap wants it. Otherwise you'd have to take it to the local tip if the council won't let you put it in the general waste bins.

Ps. Rabbit waste isn't that smelly... nothing like cat poop!

I wasnt sure on the bin bag senario, is that what most people do on here?

PS Tasmin - yeah I know cat poop is rank!!!!!!!! Im glad bunny poop is not that bad!

:oops:I put mine in with the garden waste:oops:
Thought that was ok cos its only bunny poop and hay! My bin men have never refused to take my bin!

Mine goes in the garden waste bin. It says that animal bedding is allowed in, so they should expect some wee and poo. And rabbit poo is degradeable, so not as bad as dog/cat poo.

I compost as much as poss, the rest has to be double bagged and taken down the tip. I do put a couple of double bags in the household if it's due to be emptied that week, as I am restricted to 12 visits a year to the tip and can only take 2 bags of animal waste per visit. It means I have to be careful when I go down there ( unless I borrow a car).

they refused to take hay when it was in my green bin
now as much as poss goes in the grey one
sefton council are useless anyway

Back