• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HoneypupBlood Test Result post66

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may have read this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=179573

Well Myself and Ange went to have another look..and we brought her home
So say hello to Honey :love: (well what else could we call her?:lol:)

Honeypup.jpg

I think she is about 10 years..she loves cuddles and knows some commands
Sadly the rescue just let us have her for a tenner..and didn't ask any questions..so really pleased we have her.
She has not seen a vet at the rescue and had lumps of poo in her fur..she is skinny and has fleas:cry: Her eyes..as you can see are a mess and she has small cysts on her face and neck

honeypupa.jpg

But she will be seeing my vet tomorrow and then I will be looking for a home for her..although she may already have the offer of one:D

Here she is after a bit of a clean up..been flea sprayed and had some food

honeypupb.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Jill she is so adorable bless her, she must be so thankful that you've rescued her & are trying to find her, her forever home :) She looks so pitiful I could cry for the old girl :cry: Give a big cuddle from me :love:

Well done to you & Ange for helping her xxx

I think some rescues which have been running for years and years...are just out of touch with how things should be done now..well meaning but stuck in the olden days:(

Oh she is beautiful , poor dog i'm glad she's somewhere that she will be looked after now. I love Cockers spaniels have had them all my life they have such a loving temperment. :love:

to add..she has a sore throat through barking so much in the kennels..and also is very hungry..she will be wormed..
She is now fast asleep:love:

My old cocker lived for 16 years, so 10 is not old. She still looks lively. Well done for bringing her home Jill.

Aw she's such a lucky girlie! And she looks much better in the second picture even after a short time with you...:love:

Awww what a gorgeous girlie!! :love::love::love: Don't know which flea spray you have used, but most of the standard "off the shelf" ones don't work, Frontline is good because it kills the adult fleas and breaks the lifecycle. Also, if she has fleas she will have tapeworms too so a wormer like Drontal will be the best to use.

awwwww... she is adorable - well done for taking her in! fingers crossed she get's sorted and settled into her forever home soon! :D

Awww what a gorgeous girlie!! :love::love::love: Don't know which flea spray you have used, but most of the standard "off the shelf" ones don't work, Frontline is good because it kills the adult fleas and breaks the lifecycle. Also, if she has fleas she will have tapeworms too so a wormer like Drontal will be the best to use.

I have just used an off the shelf one as all I had in....but as said earlier she is off to my vet in morning so all will be sorted then:D

Back