• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flowers for my bunny's

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
Hi,i have quite a few buns and they have free roam of the garden.I live in a terraced house with medium back yard which is a quarter concrete. I'm currently growing herbs and grasses as i know these will be safe for buns to eat(i brought them from a rabbit rescue site) but can anyone give me some ideas of what flowers i can grow? I know the plants which make buns ill and are deadly but i can't find any flowers that bunny's can eat should they choose. If i can't find any then i won't bother with flowers as my buns mean more to me than anything.:love:
Any ideas are very welcome.:D

If you grow any plant in bunny's reach, they will not survive long enough to produce any flower!!!
How about dandelions, the buns love the flowers and leaves of these.

There are some flowers buns like and are safe, I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will let you know soon.

thank you

I will go and look up these sites and read the other threads . I never thought of growing raspberrys/pears or apples and we can all share them. I will have to keep the plants out of the way though while they get established.That's great, thanks guys.:wave:

I imagine nasturiums would be ok for bunnies, as they're edible. Very easy to grow and good splash of colour in the garden. But best to check on the bunny safe plants lists first.

I've got several pots of herbs going at the moment, but Daisy just gets given small bits at a time as I want them for me as well as bunny nom noms :lol:

TBH I have given up with growing plants! I now buy some planted herbs (you know the ones - 50p/99p from asdas) and let the bunnies have a nibble and then put them inside to regrow for a bit!

Back