• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

REALLY need a bunny!

Luckykohai

New Kit
We want to adopt a rabbit so we have been searching for one since this morning. We have tried RSPCA, Rabbit Rehome, and some other sites I can't remember the names of, but we can't find any that could cope in our house (or haven't already been taken)!
We don't want one that looks like our previous rabbit, either. It would be really depressing.:cry:

So if anyone knows a good website for finding bunnies, please let me know.

Have you tried calling or visiting a rescue? Websites are handy for initial research but you'll usually do better getting in direct contact so you get the most up to date info.

Rabbit rehome is usually the best- how about posting which part of the country you are in, what sort of set-up you have and what sort of bunny you would like and the people on here who run rescues can post if they have anyone suitable.

I wouldnt expect to find one in a morning!! you need to take the time to find the right one for you.do you have your set up all ready for homechecks etc??

I wouldnt expect to find one in a morning!! you need to take the time to find the right one for you.do you have your set up all ready for homechecks etc??

I agree, but I've found some wonderful looking rabbits and the breeder isn't very far from where we live! We haven't seen any other available rabbits, so I'm still listening out for more suggestions.

You should keep an eye out in the Rabbits in need sections, lotsa beautiful bunnies needing home pop up there :) Plus people on here do 'bunny runs' where bunnies are transported from all different places.

I agree, but I've found some wonderful looking rabbits and the breeder isn't very far from where we live! We haven't seen any other available rabbits, so I'm still listening out for more suggestions.

I wouldnt get one from a breeder as there are thousands accross the country in rescues. Which breeds do you like best? Are you going to have a pair or just one? If you are only planning on having one then alot of rescues will only rehome in pairs.

Have you tried our rspca branch?

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

We arent that far away from Shropshire and theres loads of bunnies looking for homes on there.

As said, alot of rescues from this forum will rehome nationally - why not PM SOAD with a bunny 'wanted ad' to go in Rabbits in Need section, and see what people have available? Im sure theres a bunny out there somewhere for you - a morning isnt very long to find your forever bunny :) Good luck :D

I bet if you were to describe your situation and what you want in a bun we could match you up ;)

We don’t have to worry about young children, since I’m the youngest of our bunch and I’m 14. My mum has kept rabbits for over 20 years, mostly house rabbits.
We don’t mind either a bonded pair or a single bun, as long as we don’t have more than two.

I wouldnt get one from a breeder as there are thousands accross the country in rescues. Which breeds do you like best? Are you going to have a pair or just one? If you are only planning on having one then alot of rescues will only rehome in pairs.

Yes, I agree, our last rabbit, Barley was adopted from the RSPCA.
We’re not fussed about the breed, but would like medium to large sized bunnies. It would be nice to have a bonded pair, we’ve had them before.

Yes, I agree, our last rabbit, Barley was adopted from the RSPCA.
We’re not fussed about the breed, but would like medium to large sized bunnies. It would be nice to have a bonded pair, we’ve had them before.

There are lots of bonded pairs on here looking for homes. Have a look in the rabbits in need section or post a wanted ad on there and let rescues come to you.

Thanks, we've had a look at them, and we tried calling the number, but there's never an answer. Did you try calling them? Did you get an answer?

Fatfluffs have been busy all weekend with the Ultimate Pet Show so thats probably why they havent got back to you.

If you pm Chloaster through here then she will sort you out. She usually gets back to you pretty quickly too.

Back