• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

metal shed

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
is there a reason for not using a metal shed for buns?? all i can think of it that they dont have windows??? any opinions greatly recieved.

A metal shed, as said above really changes with temperature, so hot in summer and really cold in winter. Plus I think it would be pretty difficult to modify, i.e. shelves for the bunnies to climb on, or put supplies on.

Plus with a wooden shed you can easily add insulation to help better protect the buns in winter. Some have even added heaters, which wouldn't be possible with a metal shed.

Are you thinking of changing your set up?

we are "thinking" of changing the whole garden! we have 2 sheds (wooden) as it stands and hubbie just mentioned metal ones.

We are 'thinking' of changing the garden. I want the buns at the bottom of the garden, all bonded together in a huge run with a shed.

Back