• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it something to do with the time of year or are my two just lazy?

leeanderin

Mama Doe
We keep our buns indoors from November til April(ish), when they are inside and let out of the cage they hop on the sofa, run around, binky etc.
We put them out last weekend, we come in from work at 6 so we open the door into the run which they have access to until around 11pm, when we open it they come out have a sniff about and go back in, ignoring all their toys. Since it's been a bank holiday weekend they've had access to the run from around 9am till 11pm all weekend but they've barely come out, obviously they need excercise and i don't want them getting fat. They are lively enough at food time and belt up down the ramp on the hutch and round the run but after they've eaten they go back to sleeping.

Is anyone elses buns like this or are my two lazy? Any suggestions on how to encourage them to come out and play?

I think it might be emotional blackmail, i've brought them inside to run about as it's wet outside and they are bouncing about happy as larry. I think it's just a ploy to get me to keep them in all year round... :roll:

Back