• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED sick bunny

clarem

Warren Scout
My rabbit Jasmin (5yr old Netherland Dwarf) started to go downhill yesterday evening. We noticed she wasn't really moving about she just wanted to lie down although she was still eating. This morning when I went in to them she was lieing in the litter tray and didn't get up. I have bought her inside but she just wants to lie down and is just resting her head down on my son arms as he holds her. I have rung my vet and they have offered an appointment for 2.30 but I think this is too long to wait. Also my vet is companian care in MK who so badly diagnosed Dolores the MK bunny and I don't know if I should even take her there.

It sounds as though she needs to be seen much sooner than that. Is there a different vet you can try that would be able to see her straight away?

I think it was Hugos there who knows of a bunny savvy vet in this area, but I'm not sure of the details.

Personally I would try to get her to a Vet this morning.

Can you try phoning around other Practices if the CC Vets cant see her til this afternoon. Do they not have any Emergency arrangements if they are closed this morning ?

This is exactly what happened to my nethie. Have you tried ringing other vets in the area? My boy went down fast .. I put my hand on his chest and noticed his heart was beating slowly :cry: - Jasmin needs a vet asap. Hope she is okay. :cry: x

The cat and rabbit clinic is not open today, just an answerphone, I think I am gonna just go down to pets at home and ask to see someone.

What could be wrong with her? She had stasis back in Feb but wasn't like this then. I can't even get through to companian care on the phone now!

What could be wrong with her? She had stasis back in Feb but wasn't like this then. I can't even get through to companian care on the phone now!

she has just started fitting on my sons lap i am going to the vet now!! :cry:

HELP - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED sick bunny U/D she's gone

We rushed her to pets at home and they took her through straight away but she died before they could do anything:( They don't really know why and have said the only way to find out is a post mortem but that may not give us all the answers. They did said E Cuniculi could be a possibility so I have Panacur for the other 4 buns. I have a 3 and a pair of which Jasmin was part they were very strongly bonded so I now have a very lonely bun :cry: The vet told me to clean everything in the shed with very hot water.
My son who is 15 is absolutely devasted but coming back to the other buns has helped a bit.

Back