• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Selling of rabbits at wildlife park

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I went to the Cotswold wildlife park today in Burford, Oxfordshire. It was quite a nice place, but as usual they have the childrens farmyard bit where the kids can go along and 'maul' the animals.

There wasn't too many bunnies, and the set up seemed ok, food looked good stuff etc. Though there was a sign up by the mini lops saying that they were 'occasionally' for sale, "please ask for availability" I looked around for some posters or something about rabbit care but all there was was one poster by the exit about buying a rabbit or gpig and a website which is out of date and american!

Just wanted to know what you would do if anything?

I know this wildlife park very well as it is 20 mins from me and I have been on numerous occasions and I am sure I have never seen rabbits for sale before. They used to have posters up of the different breeds but never anything about care. Might be worth writing to them they have a website.

Hmmm I guess you could email or write to them expressing your concerns that not enough info displayed could lead to impulse buying and buns going to less than suitable homes but I'm not sure they'd do anything.
There is a kids farm near us that has bunny handling times where they just grab their bunnies and stcik them on little kids laps :( I've seen so many buns stressed out by it and they also advertise theirs for sale too.
Its been a long time since I've been there (cos of that really) but I must admit i never though of telling them my concerns.
A letter or email may be a good idea. You can only try!

Back