• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neighbour baffled

elaine

Mama Doe
a neighbour a few streets away had 2 rabbits with attached run and 2 storey cage, she came home fri and the top of the run was in the middle of the garden and 1 rabbit missing, cage not destroyed top not no damage at all and all that remained of the rabbit was a leg at the bottom of the garden

she has spoke to the police and rspca and no one can come up with ideas,
if it had been fox the hutch would of had damage. the other rabbit is fine, there would of been a body if it had been lads etc,

Elaine, Was the top secure? I.E a lock.

A few weeks ago the wind blew the top and back off my hutch, I didn't think it was possible, didn't think the wind was that strong, but it happened. Just takes one whip of the wind to catch it in the right direction.

Maybe, if it was not secure , then it could have blown off, and an opportunist (fox, stoat, ferret type animal) came along and took advantage.

Poor bunny, and poor bunny that was left behind

I had a hutch roof blow of a week ago to, didnt think the wind was that strong.
Luckily the bunnies rans straight back to the hutch when the heard the food jar rattle.

oh dear :cry: i read reports in local paper about a month back saying that there where suspicious things like this happening in rochdale area of manchester?

i was just going to say the same, i once woke up to find the roof of my run blown over to the other side of the garden all broken, luckily back then floppy was in his hutch and didn't stay in run over night ;)

Back