• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for an older dominant buck

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I'm looking for a suitable partner for my single rabbit Smokey, and I wonder if any rescues on here might be able to help?

Smokey is a 7 year old spayed doe. She tends to bully other rabbits (nothing mega serious just lunging and boxing) so will need a bold and dominant partner. Age isn't important, but preferably at least 3 years old.

At the moment Smokey is outdoors in a 6ft x 2ft hutch with 6ft x 5ft attached run, but I'd be willing to make any reasonable alterations needed if that doesn't meet rehoming criteria.

She's been on her own for ages now, and I'm conscious that she might not have a lot of time left given her age. I did make initial enquiries with a rescue but waited around and never got a response, which wasted mine and Smokey's time somewhat :(

I cant help as I wouldn't mind locating an 'older dominant Buck for myself'....................... :?

Good luck in your search :)

we have a dominant big girl bessie.... could either be a great combo of two mardie moos or a complete disaster..... you're close enough to give it a go.

We've also got some larger buns in at the mo which sometimes works (e.g. julia 123's nushka & bungle). Everyone is at the NEC until monday but if any of them interest you just pop on www.fatfluffs.com and mail team@fatfluffs.com & that will put you through to chloe.

we have a dominant big girl bessie.... could either be a great combo of two mardie moos or a complete disaster..... you're close enough to give it a go.

We've also got some larger buns in at the mo which sometimes works (e.g. julia 123's nushka & bungle). Everyone is at the NEC until monday but if any of them interest you just pop on www.fatfluffs.com and mail team@fatfluffs.com & that will put you through to chloe.

Cheers for the reply :D

I don't think 2 dominant girls would be a good combination, but big laid back boy might be an idea...a good excuse to buy another aviary too! ;)

I've just had a look on the site & the two giant boy lops are already reserved :roll::roll: infact all our boy buns seem to be reserved except for a red eyed yellow neddie and snoopy pants who is a bit grumpy with humans...don't know what he's like with other buns.

I'd definately think about getting a big bun. Julia's nush was terrible with other buns, she would actually bite glass to try and get in an attack apache who was being nursed in another room. Bungle a conti took one look at her and bonked her into submission. She did try to go for him a few times but realised it was futile in the face of such a conti onslaught. They are now a very loved up pair and she worships the ground he walks on:lol::lol::lol:

Just to add that dental problems or other health problems aren't an issue. Any rabbit will be considered as long as he gets on with my girl...that's the important thing :D

We could help with a bunnyrun :)

I'm sure Kris bonded a rabbit from portsmouth way just recently :D

Last edited:
Back