• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hair stringls in Lola's poo!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi!
Forgive me, I did a search but could not find anything.

Lola has done some lovely big brown poos but some of them had hair stringing them together.

Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Thank you!

You needn't worry unduly about it... It is moulting season, and as buns clean themselves and eat the hairs, they go through! It rarely causes 'hairballs' like cats get.
Have used the hoover nozzle on my buns (they don't mind the noise) to remove loose hairs. Just be careful not to suck up skin.

Pineapple & papaya tablets also help, as well as fresh pineapple (which can be very sugary). A good plucking session can also be very therapeutic (thanks for the tip luvabun!!) and saves the bun eating it! Keep hoover and sellotape to catch the fluff handy!

Although they don't get hair balls, it can cause blockages if it is not passed. To try to prevent this I do the following:

Brush at least twice a day during moult
Try to increase fluid intake
Fresh pineapple juice once a week
Daily - Oxbow papaya tablets

Back